Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weiand manifold

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default weiand manifold

ok fellas i have heard alot of bashing on the weiand manifold that it robs hp and trq but i gotta say i just installed it this past weekend while changeing the knock sensors and damn these people are wrong my car in the mid range takes off like a bat out of hell the trq it puts down around 3500 rpm in first gear is enough to break the tires free. so if your looking into this manifold for your ls1 i'd say go for it. i don't know maybe other manifolds are better but i gotta say this is definatly and improvement over the ls1 manifold.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mach1killerls1
ok fellas i have heard alot of bashing on the weiand manifold that it robs hp and trq but i gotta say i just installed it this past weekend while changeing the knock sensors and damn these people are wrong my car in the mid range takes off like a bat out of hell the trq it puts down around 3500 rpm in first gear is enough to break the tires free. so if your looking into this manifold for your ls1 i'd say go for it. i don't know maybe other manifolds are better but i gotta say this is definatly and improvement over the ls1 manifold.
i remember chevy high performance or hot rod ran an article last year about all of the intakes avalibe for the ls1 and the only problem they had with the manifold was that the weiand heat soaked because its metal vs. composite and apparently that impresses someone over at primedia. it did however make the lowest numbers out of all the ones tey tested. the highest was a composite intake from a 5.3 truck version of the ls1. the ls6 is currently the best over stock with +10 hp and +20 tq. go to hot rod and do a search on ls1 manifolds and you'll find some stuff on it.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

the best over stock and the ls6 is supposed to be the FAST intake, but the ls2 is said to be a rival to it...if you have the $$ to plumb it correctly.