Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When should i change my springs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When should i change my springs?

I currently have a mild cam (220/216 with ~ 580/540 lift) and patriot gold springs.

They have been on the car for a little under a year and have about 5k miles on it.

I dont race the car, but i do get on it every once in a while, but it is not a habitual thing. When it is cold, i let the car get fully warm before driving it (well, probably about 80% of the time).

My car has been making some weird noises though. At idle it makes this rubbing noise in the engine compartment, but you cant hear it outside the car b/c the cam and headers are to loud. Also, when you turn the car off, it will run for around 1 second, then harshly shut off making the torque.

What do you all think is going on?

Thanks
Old 03-23-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm to answer the title you should not have to change springs with your cam for a LONG time...that cam is small...if you had a 230-235 duration <.600 lift cam it will be like every 15,000 miles...ramp rates also affect it...i don't know what is wrong with the car...my car shuts off pretty rough...it's prolly just having a cam in...has it done it the entire time the cam is in there...?