Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JetHot vs Pacesetter

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JetHot vs Pacesetter

So my buddy and i searched, read and talked to some local speed shops about this. The local shops said no to pacesetters because of poor quality w/ the fitment to engine, and within the first two weeks of use every pacesetter they see has come back for blown gaskets and problems. I have heard nothing bad about JetHots besides having to maybe make some clearance. So my question is are JetHot Lt's worth the extra $150 over coated Pacesetter Lt's?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Local shops are probably basing that on the first pacesetter design. My pacesetters fit great and slid in no problems from the bottom of the car. Their first design wasn't like they are now. The old design was harder to install and would rub against the crossmember. The only issues I've heard from anyone is the y-pipe banging against the bottom of the car (not all cars do this). Also this is a common for other header brands too...not just pacesetter.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

We have Pacesetter Headers on our cars and serveral of our customers have gotten the Pacesetter Headers. The fit is great and as far as blowning out the gaskets, if the metal gaskets are used there has been to trouble with that. The quality is as good or better than what we have seen from other brands.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I just installed a set of jet hots on another car and my car has pacesetters. I have to recommend the pacesetter's because I have held both in hand, installed both, removed both, etc. The fitment was the same for both. The coating was the same for both. The flanges are 3/8 on both. Bungs on the inside on both. Simply no reason in my opinion to spend any more for jet hots.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm really happy with my PaceSetters. You'll get surface rust on any coating, but you can just wipe it off with metal polish every other month.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Sounds like Pacesetters will be my choice. Ty for the info.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

I have been satisfied with my last two pacesetter lt header purchases.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah thats the first I heard of any pacesetters having a quality issue...
Old 03-24-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Jet Hot here!! They use thicker flanges and thicker tubing. And the Jet Hot coating is the best, bar none..
Old 03-24-2005, 01:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by nharrison02ss
Jet Hot here!! They use thicker flanges and thicker tubing. And the Jet Hot coating is the best, bar none..
Glad to hear someone standing up for Jet-Hots, I just bought some but I got them for cheaper than I could have gotten the Pacesetter's so the price diffrence dosent matter. I thought the Jet-Hot had thicker flanges and tubing just wasnt sure
Old 03-24-2005, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

off topic, but ill take my QTP's anyday. But, I've heard nothing bad about the pacesetters, although you might have to notch the crossmember when installing, and I have also heard that you might have to pry on the engine a bit to get them to slide into place. Unless you want to go stainless steel for more durability (which I reccomend), then go Pacesetter, its a good deal!!!

The only other real issue to LT's is fitment, and the pacesetter are real good about that as well. I think the only headers that fit a bit better are the QTP's, Kooks, and possibly FLP's.

You wont be sorry with the pacesetters, unless you live in a winter-prone area. Salt=Rust on any scratch on ur headers. That about the only reason to go stainless
Old 03-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Impuls3
So my buddy and i searched, read and talked to some local speed shops about this. The local shops said no to pacesetters because of poor quality w/ the fitment to engine, and within the first two weeks of use every pacesetter they see has come back for blown gaskets and problems. I have heard nothing bad about JetHots besides having to maybe make some clearance. So my question is are JetHot Lt's worth the extra $150 over coated Pacesetter Lt's?
I have Pacesetters on my 02 WS6 and love them. Never heard anything bad about the JetHots, but if you like spending more money for the same mod, that's on you.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Jet Hots are a quality manufactured header. The primaries and flanges are thick and the coating has held up very well in the 7 months they have been on my car. I knotched the k-member, but other than that, it was a straight forward install.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

The Pacesetters and Jet-Hots both have 16 guage tubing and 3/8" thick flanges. They're both basically identical in terms of finish, weld quality. The Pacesetters will fit better or will slide up easier. The Jet-Hots are the same as the Hooker LT's but constructed better. The only advantage the Jet-Hots have over the Pacesetters is they are coated on the inside and not jsut the outside. But I think that's a minor thing. IMO, either go Pacesetter or spend the $ and get a stainless steel header like a QTP or Kooks.

Jason
Old 03-24-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Pacesetter is the only header I would buy after my 2 sets on 2 different cars. Gains are amazing, perhaps freaks of cars but I gained... from 302-336rwhp from ORY and LT's. and from 317-347 from ORY and LT's on my other. Both Pacesetter... but I had them coated by Tri-Mil (My dads shop) inside and out at 2100 deg. You won't notice any difference, refer to JRP, he's the massssssssteeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 03-25-2005, 04:22 AM
12 Second Club

Thank god to hear good things on Pacesetter! i just bought some Pacesetter LT's and some TSP catted Y-pipe! hope to pull good numbers damn cant wait till it gets here!
Old 03-25-2005, 04:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Thank god to hear good things on Pacesetter! i just bought some Pacesetter LT's and some TSP catted Y-pipe! hope to pull good numbers damn cant wait till it gets here!
I have the same setup as you got from TSP. Only bad point is on the catted y-pipe there is no hook ups for the rear 02 sensors so make sure you have a set of 02 sims or have it tunned right away. You will love them, I do.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:48 AM
TECH Resident

I love my pacesetters...not a single problem with them and install was easy.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
I have the same setup as you got from TSP. Only bad point is on the catted y-pipe there is no hook ups for the rear 02 sensors so make sure you have a set of 02 sims or have it tunned right away. You will love them, I do.

Did you go with the tune or the sims? i also live in ca.. just lookn for some advice.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01ls1lover
Did you go with the tune or the sims? i also live in ca.. just lookn for some advice.
I went with the tune. But you will need the 02 sims if you dont tune right away. The car will run rich and the check engine light will come right on. Plus I have heard if you drive it that way you could foul the plugs quick and also burn out the cats. So do the 02 sims right away if you dont tune it. You can always sell them later after a tune.