Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

New to fuel delivery

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New to fuel delivery

But I am trying to learn.

I have got fuel rails, injectors, and a fuel pump. LS1Speed rails, 42# Delphi, and Walbro 255 intank.

Now....what else am I going to need?? Is a new regulator necessary?? Or just a good idea??
Obviously I will be needing some braided lines. Will the stock lines from the tank to a regulator hold 550RWHP?? I don't figure to hit that, but I might as well overestimate.

Going to be an N/A set-up.
Thanks for the help!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Fuel systems are one thing that you can never go to big. It is not like a cam where to big of one will hurt you in one way or another. Stock lines will be more than sufficient for 90% of street driven cars. The stock regulator is not "necessary" but I do not think you can adjust the pressure on an LS1 stock regulator. I know the LT1 stocker you can't. If you are on a tight budget, do the lines later, the price really adds up when you do all AN fittings.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mr. Luos
Will the stock lines from the tank to a regulator hold 550RWHP??
Yes.
You will need a good fuel pressure gauge and a good tuner.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Okay....

I was reading about Aeromotive's regulator. Will that work for the Walbro 255 pump?? The site said it was designed for the Aeromotive pump.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:03 AM
TECH Regular

Yes it will, a regulator just regulates the FP by creating a restriction in the fuel loop. you need to make sure to remove the stock one first. their are adapters to connect the stock lines to a braided line so you can run rails. do a serch for them.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

when i dynoed 560rwhp...i had 42# green top injectors...single 255 pump (racetronix hot-wire)...rising rate regulator. the injectors were 100% duty cycle and opened up all the way. fuel pressure was dropping.. again, i was FI was I think we have a greater fuel demand faster...

u can run a CAS regulator plumbed at the back of your car like i do...u dont need it to be rising...and it allows u to set your base fuel pressure. go to ls1speed and under fuel... CAS Regulator they have to designs now -6 and -8 not sure which one i have..as they only had 1 choice before

i have a CAS regulator for sale too...lol...polished even

Last edited by MECHAM; 03-27-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:54 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MECHAM
i have a CAS regulator for sale too...lol...polished even
Jesus man, what don't you have up for sale?? You must have an entire room set aside for spare parts.

I ordered the Aeromotive regulator, LS1Speed rails, and Walbro 255. Gonna need to get them together now, but otherwise I pretty much figured it out.
Thanks though E.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

I said it before and I'll say it again...he needs to open a damn parts store.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a list of what I used for running a new return line on my car. The stock sending line held 530rwhp without a problem on mine.

With everything you have now, I hope you're planning on running some -8an line for a feed, and maybe a -6an for return. There's no reason NOT to run the oversize lines now.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SMOKINV8
Here's a list of what I used for running a new return line on my car. The stock sending line held 530rwhp without a problem on mine.

With everything you have now, I hope you're planning on running some -8an line for a feed, and maybe a -6an for return. There's no reason NOT to run the oversize lines now.
excellent...but if u only documented the install of those parts
Old 03-29-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would have, but to be honest with you, I had a buddy do the braided line work. He said it's kind of a PITA to do for the first time, so while I was pulling my tranny (unrelated problem) he did the fuel lines for me. If you're wanting to read how to do the braided line fittings though, I've seen a couple threads with really good links to "How to" pages from manufacturers (like Earls).

Also, I didn't use a couple of the parts on that page as I already had some fittings on my car from other parts that I had to integrate. But, if you're bone stock, the stuff on that page is what you need. That list was actually compiled for me by ChrisPWT99TA, or something like that. Very helpful guy.