Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM Back to Stock. Confused?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM Back to Stock. Confused?

Im going to be switching my cam back to stock for various reasons....not vehicle related dont ask?? Anyway I did a search on how I would go back to a stock tune and I am confused. LS1 Speed did my dyno tune, would I bring the car back to them after I put the stock cam back in, then they upload the stock tune? Do they save everyones stock tune? Of course Ill need some fine tuning with the mods I will have left. Do they alter the tune I have now to run stock or do they use a fresh start?

Or do I go to a dealership and have them put it back to stock. I read something about dynotunes cant be converted back to stock because its the same GM files just altered and the Tech2 doesnt recognize it as being changed so all the files will stay the same. Is that the case?

Please let me know what I have to do Im probably starting all of this this friday or weekend. Thanks
Old 03-23-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's your call... do what's cheapest so long as they stand behind their work .....

I have tons of stock "tunes" on my website ... I went to Napelton Pontiac/GMC in Schaumburg 2 years ago and was charged 50 bux to reflash a PCM ... Give them a call and ask them what they'll charge .... ask for a "2000 F-Body PCM flash" if the person acts stupid say it's a Firebird ...

Flash back to stock is not usual so not sure what speed shops would charge...

I'm in northern Illinois... and would have no problem doing the flash for you if you drive my place (wauconda/lake zurich/island lake area)