View Full Version : new jersey tint law

borisshnitkin
03-24-2005, 01:12 PM
i was pulled over today for having my front windows tinted. i was wondering what u guys usually do, did u have to remove it or do u just keep it on? im in new jersey and i see all these cars with there windows tinted and dont get pulled over. what should i do? the fronts are 15%

Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
03-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Dood your f*cked.

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/NJ

You cant have any on the fronts.

JerseyLS1TA
03-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Pay the ticket and keep the tint. I have to go through inspection with tint on my 99 Trans Am in April, I'm hoping they don't check if the t-tops are out and the windows are down.

borisshnitkin
03-24-2005, 01:28 PM
i just do want to get pulled over again and have a bigger ticket. i used to have 35% before and never go pulled over.

Cyborg
03-24-2005, 01:49 PM
I tried to get my car inspected in RI and the first question the inspectors asked me is if I have any tint at all. They wouldn't even look at my car if it had any tint. Unbelieveable. I'm keeping it.

Good luck dude I hope you don't get hasseled anymore.

Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
03-24-2005, 01:51 PM
i just do want to get pulled over again and have a bigger ticket. i used to have 35% before and never go pulled over.

I dont run cats and never got into trouble when I got pulled over. Doesnt mean they wont enforce the law.

Cyborg
03-24-2005, 01:53 PM
never got into trouble when I got pulled over.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

j/k Joe :jest:

ynkssws6
03-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Pay the ticket and keep the tint. I have to go through inspection with tint on my 99 Trans Am in April, I'm hoping they don't check if the t-tops are out and the windows are down.

odds are they're going to roll up your windows for you.

92SilverSHO
03-26-2005, 11:34 AM
PA used to be like that, then they did away with the if you have illegal tint, they cant pass you BS. Honestly put 35% and you SHOULD be fine, just try not to draw attention to yourself, i know when i used to have tint on my old car, i was always looking out for cops, but most wont mess with you just for tint.