Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

injectors work intermitant and engine wont start

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default injectors work intermitant and engine wont start

just rebuilt the engine and put it back in the car, when you try to start it will do 1 of 2 things just turn over and spin or sputter like it is going to start. the problem is it is intermitant. cant find any rhyme or reason, it gets spark just fine but when i pulled the injector rail off and turned it over the injectors dont push any fuel, so i check the schrader valve and it has plenty of fuel and pressure, so then i check an injector with a 12 volt lead and it pushes fuel, so i hook the lead back up and try again and still no response, so i start checking for frayed wireing but nothing, so after an hour of head scratching i pull the fuel rail off again and try it and viola it push's fuel through every injector. so after skipping around the shop in joy i hook it back up and give it a try and it stumbles like it wants to crank and then spins. so i pull the fuel rail and once again no fuel out of the injectors when i turn it over, i will say the car was brought to me already dissasimbeled because the other mechanic thought he knew what he was doing, and the customer found out he didnt, but its back together and all sensors are hooked up , could it be a ground issue?
the car is a 98 ls1 with a t56
Old 03-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Is the anti theft light blinking fast? Have ya hooked it up to a scan tool and watched your live data! See if any of the sensors are not getting a signal!Makes ya want to skip across the shop and find a hammer doesn't it!
Old 03-25-2005, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

no already did the vats bypass to check that. besides it doesnt even turn over if its the anti theft
Old 03-25-2005, 09:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May be a almost fried pcm????? Beats me! Intermitant problems will drive ya insane won't they!