Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L Trims and S trims?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L Trims and S trims?

Ok Here is the Question. If you have a Heads and cam car with a Stock Tune will your LTrims and Strims be Correct at Ideal. The reson i am asking is could the problem that i am haveing with my L and S trims be becuse of a Tuneing problem?
Old 03-25-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok here's the question, you've just changed the motor airflow and dynamics internally yes? Your "stock" tune is for a stock setup right? And your car is not "stock" right? Of course it's a tuning issue...
Old 03-25-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

But i should have the correct tune in the car for the set up that i am running but my Ltrims are 25 plus so i was wondering if i put a stock tune in the car would i be able to trouble shoot the problem or would i still be way off.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by White98Z
But i should have the correct tune in the car for the set up that i am running but my Ltrims are 25 plus so i was wondering if i put a stock tune in the car would i be able to trouble shoot the problem or would i still be way off.
If you have +25 trims then your tune is not correct
If you put in a stock tune it will not be correct (I thought we already mentioned that)

Gonna have to retune it
Old 03-26-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have 25+ Ltrims then you're maxing out... and I would look more towards a vacuum leak.... maxed LTRIMS are generally not a tuning issue... but a hardware issue...

if it's 25 on both sides... then you have a vacuum leak after the MAF... if only 1 side... prolly an exhaust leak

a VERY poor tune can cause these excessive (maxed) LTRIMs ... but if you went to anyone reputable it's doubtful....

What did you change before getting these fubarred LTRIMs? and why do you think you should have the right tune in your car for your setup?