Sponsored by:

Problem with security light on 04 GTO

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 06:25 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Problem with security light on 04 GTO

lower left part of the instrument cluster...looks like a padlock in red. This was coming on and going off, now it stays on a lot. I tried my Autotap and EFI Live Professional, but those don't work like a Tech-II that will go into the various parts of the car, like the security system. once, the keyfob wouldn't work, and I used the key to open the door and the security system went off (loud). Also, the light seems to flicker/go on-off when I go over bumps. I would assume this indicates some sort of loose connection, but on this damn vehicle I am not sure. Anyone here of something like this before.

I will get a tech-II next week to scan it, but just wanted some input..

SDB
Old 03-25-2005, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to check the shock sensors... I’m not sure of the locations on a GTO but one may have come lose or some other problem. check door sensors also... one maybe stuck?

Also try removing the battery connectors for 30 min or so and reconnect and see if that changes anything.

You might also have a problem with the controller, like maybe getting wet? A lot of rain? Recent car wash?

Originally Posted by SDB
lower left part of the instrument cluster...looks like a padlock in red. This was coming on and going off, now it stays on a lot. I tried my Autotap and EFI Live Professional, but those don't work like a Tech-II that will go into the various parts of the car, like the security system. once, the keyfob wouldn't work, and I used the key to open the door and the security system went off (loud). Also, the light seems to flicker/go on-off when I go over bumps. I would assume this indicates some sort of loose connection, but on this damn vehicle I am not sure. Anyone here of something like this before.

I will get a tech-II next week to scan it, but just wanted some input..

SDB

Quick Reply: Problem with security light on 04 GTO