Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

G35 coupe vs. stock SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default G35 coupe vs. stock SS

driving home this afternoon after work some bald/goatee guy in a black G35 coupe starts riding my *** trying to act all hard infront of his young son.

i don't react until we both catch a light and i hear him trying to hold some rpms, so i think to myself "there's no way im letting this ******* think he can take me."

light turns green, i jump out of the hole, he spins a little, i had 3 cars on him in no time and shut down at 80ish by which time i had about 6-7 cars or more (it's hard to judge sometimes) and hit the brakes.

he does a ricer flyby (no surprise) and keeps going. i turn around at the next subdivision and chuckle to myself and make my way home.

not too bad for a first race. the SS is an A4 with a Magnaflow catback, and that's it.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It's your duty as an American to put cars like that in their place. Nice work.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice kill....but come on my v6 can hand with those....Good luck with mods...you'll be killing blown cobras.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good kill. I'm sure he told his son he smoked you. lol
Old 03-26-2005, 06:14 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always be sure to slam on my brakes when I end a race ahead, just to be SURE he knows that I was ripping him up when I stopped ... and not that he just had me on the top end, caught up and passed me.

Nice kill.

P.S. It never fails to amaze me how the G35 and 350Z guys think that their cars are so badass .... I really don't understand it. A 350z guy told me I have "small brakes" the other day?? Mine are bigger then his are. Makes no sense.

Old 03-26-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Small brakes? Who the **** cares. "My coolant reservoir is bigger than yours!"
Old 03-26-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Talking

Nice kill, I really enjoy embarrasing these ricer "performance" luxury cars as well. LOL
Old 03-26-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Way to go! Rice kill!
Old 03-27-2005, 01:43 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shackleford
seriously .... I looked at his car and said 2 words ... "small engine."

Old 03-27-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha small engine....bet that pissed him off quite a bit.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
I always be sure to slam on my brakes when I end a race ahead, just to be SURE he knows that I was ripping him up when I stopped ... and not that he just had me on the top end, caught up and passed me.

Nice kill.

P.S. It never fails to amaze me how the G35 and 350Z guys think that their cars are so badass .... I really don't understand it. A 350z guy told me I have "small brakes" the other day?? Mine are bigger then his are. Makes no sense.

Small brakes with a like sized *****
Old 03-27-2005, 05:30 PM
TTT
Teching In

Boy, that ain't no sh*t they are slow. The real funny ones are the guys who have installed ridiculously priced (I'm talking 7-8K) superchargers which nets them a grand total of maybe 85 more HP. Then they think they can beat anything.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shackleford
Old 03-27-2005, 06:38 PM
9 Second Club

I bet he told his son that if he didnt spin tires he would of won that race
Old 03-27-2005, 06:58 PM
TTT
Teching In

Originally Posted by smokeum99ta
I bet he told his son that if he didnt spin tires he would of won that race
Of course, the car has to actually be powerful enough to spin the tires.....
Old 03-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
Nice kill, I really enjoy embarrasing these ricer "performance" luxury cars as well. LOL
1) They are not "ricer" cars. The deffinition of ricer is making cosmetic additions and doing nothing for performance (i.e. Big wings, wild paint jobs, ugly aero kits). Back in the day we called it, "all show and no go".

2) They aren't a luxury car. The 350Z is a sportscar and it performs like a sportscar.

3) It really makes you feel good to beat a car that has 2.2 liters less displacement and 100 less hp? It must really make you feel good to beat a geo storm then.

When they built the Z they decided to build a car that was true to the original 240Z. I owned one of the first 240's in the Portland, Oregon area and I have to say they were successful at that.

They were not out to build an extremely quick car. They wanted to build a car that was reasonably quick and handled well. There are stock Z's that have turned 13.6X quarters and that is respectable.

I didn't buy my Z to have a quick car. That's what my SS is for. I bought the Z to autocross with (they SS sucks at that) and run on the roadcourse.

And TTT, I can light up the tires on the Z from a hole shot and if I want keep them going hard through part of second gear. So that was a pretty ignorant (or is it arrogant) statement.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:55 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZumaKuma
1) They are not "ricer" cars. The deffinition of ricer is making cosmetic additions and doing nothing for performance (i.e. Big wings, wild paint jobs, ugly aero kits). Back in the day we called it, "all show and no go".

2) They aren't a luxury car. The 350Z is a sportscar and it performs like a sportscar.

3) It really makes you feel good to beat a car that has 2.2 liters less displacement and 100 less hp? It must really make you feel good to beat a geo storm then.

When they built the Z they decided to build a car that was true to the original 240Z. I owned one of the first 240's in the Portland, Oregon area and I have to say they were successful at that.

They were not out to build an extremely quick car. They wanted to build a car that was reasonably quick and handled well. There are stock Z's that have turned 13.6X quarters and that is respectable.

I didn't buy my Z to have a quick car. That's what my SS is for. I bought the Z to autocross with (they SS sucks at that) and run on the roadcourse.

And TTT, I can light up the tires on the Z from a hole shot and if I want keep them going hard through part of second gear. So that was a pretty ignorant (or is it arrogant) statement.
You missed the whole point of the story. The ricer sports sedan wannabe g35 started the whole thing and got spanked. You want to compare your 350z to a Geo go ahead. And by the way there are a few very successful autox people in camaros. You must not have known how to set your car up properly. You wrote the book on the definition of what a ricer is? Wow, glad to meet a legend.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:23 AM
Staging Lane

i dont care if they are slow g35's look so tight. also a tt 350 will give u a run. but they are not in the league stock 4 sure. good kills maybe hell buy a s/c now
Old 03-29-2005, 12:58 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DAn95
i dont care if they are slow g35's look so tight. also a tt 350 will give u a run. but they are not in the league stock 4 sure. good kills maybe hell buy a s/c now
I test drove a g35 one day. Just to check it out. Nice car but the freaking seat adjuster was on the inside next to my thigh. Most uncomfortable thing ever. Had some get up and go to it, but not like like the SS.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:35 AM
TTT
Teching In

Agree -- see my previous posts on what "rice" really is:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...8&page=2&pp=20 (it's post #32)

I know you're not talking to me here, but it makes me feel good to know that my current daily driver (in stock trim) with .5 liters less displacement makes more HP than that 350Z (stock) and is also faster in the 1/4 mile, and traps higher. I was also glad to keep my modified 300ZX TT after I saw what results came from aftermarket turbos and superchargers so far on the 350Z.

Probably arrogant~

Last edited by TTT; 03-29-2005 at 01:42 AM.