Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

New idea for Todd...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New idea for Todd...

Instead of wanting more power like you have recently been talking about (and I can't figure out why either) you should tear your motor down completely this coming fall and polish the block and heads. Polish anything that is left. Go look at your engine right now and notice all the spots that would now shine. Then you can put lights under your car and have it reflect up through the engine bay. Being EE's I am sure Mark and I can come up with some creative lighting techniques. A completely polished engine. WOW!
Old 03-26-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what Eric, I did have this really crazy thought like taking the car for about 9 months and doing something like you said. It really would take that much time to do it correctly.

Just to back up for a minute, the power thing is something down the road when the engine gets old, I need to stay in touch a little and learn how it all works. I do like fast cars that look good. Right now I would like a cam so I could lower the boost some and keep the same rwhp, actually I want 500rwhp. I love the way everyons cars sound with cams. God knows why! Just like you said.

I thought about doing just what you said plus painting the engine compartment, powder coating odd & ends (rear end\axle), I even thought of taking the brake lines off from under the car and polishing them and clear powder coating them (just get really detailed). I want my supercharger plumbing chromed...like you said all of that stuff. Not to mention I would like race seats, race belts to top off the interior to match the theme.

There are things that bug me now, plus everything is looking a little tired, just dirt here and there in the cracks. I really want perfection and and I would like everything to shine like chrome and it could, hate to not have the car on the road for that long to do it.

I must be nuts, that is what I think about doing to my car.

I would love for you and Mark to come up with a lighting plan for a big show. It would be fun.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the things you listed bug you then it is good you have not seen my filthy car. I would really like to have alot of bling but also alot of power. I am torn between which direction to go. I would love to do a combo but it ain't in the budget. So for me its go faster or be shiney. Right now I have decided to not do either until I get a better plan together. I do not want to throw my dollars at something fast only to regret that direction later.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

A polished engine, funny I was looking at the photos of Mark's tranmission thinking well it on the work bench

Todd I don't know if you have seen Jason (Sardog's car) In his efforts to go faster he has IMO taken a lot of the ugly out of the engine compartment by removing things like the A/C. Imagine that engine compartment with out A/C, Traction control, Anti-lock brakes. There is just so much plumbing

We need a sunny day and a car show.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Eric
If the things you listed bug you then it is good you have not seen my filthy car. I would really like to have alot of bling but also alot of power. I am torn between which direction to go. I would love to do a combo but it ain't in the budget. So for me its go faster or be shiney. Right now I have decided to not do either until I get a better plan together. I do not want to throw my dollars at something fast only to regret that direction later.
Your car may be dirty but I know it will be spottless soon, I think you are like me and have that cleaning disorder, lol. Also you enjoy spending a day detailing your car, and that is enjoyment for you. I can almost never tell your car is dirty or daily driven. I think you can have both aspects, your car is fast, just add your personal touches now for shows.

You are right, decide what you want most. If you are going to race all the time there are always weak parts to break, that is what power and going fast is all about. Show and looks usually does not involve a chain reaction to upgrades. It boils down to what you want and are most happy with.

A perfect example was I walked up to my car at Quizinos and roockiels1 showed his Mustang friend my uncarriage and he said something like "I thought my car was clean, this is awesome" my world was rocked for that moment. I think that means a lot to you when your complimented, and like the show aspect of cars more than most.

Originally Posted by Steve
A polished engine, funny I was looking at the photos of Mark's tranmission thinking well it on the work bench
I was thinking the same thing. I bet Jasons car is uncluttered in the engine compartment and is nice looking. We do need a sunny day and a show.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin

You know mark and I discussed that while it was sittin on the bench

I also noticed you guys did not polish his shaft while it was out
Old 03-27-2005, 01:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Polished SHAFT??? I think you should talk to Ricky for that.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:46 AM
10 Second Club

A polished ENGINE?! Polish my tranny....you guys are SICK!

I was going to put one of the pretty deep aluminum pans on the car. Then Ellis started talking about how much lower it hangs, and how it cracks like an egg if you hit anything. ANd then I started thinking about a certain bridge on the PE 130 race course that most people bottom out on doing over 100mph & decided against it. I might polish up the steel deep pan he put on at some point tho.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:53 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
A polished ENGINE?! Polish my tranny....you guys are SICK!

And like your not sick??????????

Total up how much you have invested in that bird, you may be the leader of the sickies.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

I think that tranny woould take forever to polish, but worth it!

And like your not sick??????????
Yep I think Mark wins, lol.

Passed me up by far. Sick Mark has the flu I have a cold in comparision
Old 03-27-2005, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

You guys! I only paid $14k for my car
Old 03-27-2005, 12:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Well that expalins it, I paid $31k for mine, but it runs.

As for the level of sickness Todd, I don't think anyone around here except maybe Boyce or Sardog is at your level....yet.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:04 PM
10 Second Club

OUCH!!

As for the level of sickness Todd, I don't think anyone around here except maybe Boyce or Sardog is at your level....yet.
BTW have you Met JimBob
Old 03-27-2005, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

I barely have 20k in my car, lol.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Must have got a damn good deal on that car! How much was the blower? $4,500? So only $15,500 for the car. not bad
Old 03-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Must have got a damn good deal on that car! How much was the blower? $4,500? So only $15,500 for the car. not bad
Plus the tuner, plus the lm1, plus injectors, plus mms crank pulley, plus blower pulleys, plus plus plus...buying the kit = not complete.

Buy used!
Old 03-27-2005, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

I did hence the 14,000 price with only 17k miles on the clock in 97
Old 03-27-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

I did hence the 14,000 price with only 17k miles on the clock in 97
I have actually never did anything smart like that, I am the one giving out the deals!

I am getting a little smarter-sold my boat, cut my loss. Car may be next
Old 03-27-2005, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I PAID 12500 for my 93 with 40k on it in 98, but by the time I sold it I had no interest in adding up the reciepts, especially because it wasn't a "sick" car like some of the others on here. I MADE alot of mistakes but I did learn alot. I modded the WS6 relatively cheaply and while I lost a little money on it it wasn't anything like the 93.

Now I'm HELLA budget minded on the Z06 mods, I realize that the 100 more for this and that adds up big time. Plus hopefully I won't have to have the tranny rebuilt 3 times then swap it out two more
Old 03-27-2005, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Thank god most of the work on our cars are done by ourselves, I could not begine to imagine what I would of additionally paid. Same with everyone else.

Quick Reply: New idea for Todd...