Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

60's foot, HAL’s with stock springs VS HAL’s with HAL’s springs

Old 03-27-2005, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 60's foot, HAL’s with stock springs VS HAL’s with HAL’s springs

HAL’s with stock springs VS HAL’s with HAL’s springs
Does anyone have experience with HAL’s shocks with stock springs VS HAL’s with HAL’s springs?
I was wondering if there would be much different in the 60’s foot times?
If so I might switch out the stock front spring for the HAL’s new 300 pound spring.

I have only had the new set-up to the track twice now with a best of 1.64.
I am launching at 5800rpm with the fronts at 3 and the rears at 4.
Last time out I keep the shock alone and started lowering the tire pressure, the QTP so far liked low pressure (12.5psi), but I will try lower next time out.
I also will start trying to dial-in the shock, should I start buy adjusting the front or the rears first?
Old 03-27-2005, 02:28 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran the stock springs to a best of 1.48. I then put the Hal springs (275 lb. rate) and cut a 1.46. Not sure if it was the springs because the weather was just a bit better the night I took the car out with the new springs. That was on the only change I made. The Hals are definately softer. It did feel like it carried them a little more, but the stock springs compared to the Hals isnt a huge difference.
Old 03-27-2005, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SlickVert
HAL’s with stock springs VS HAL’s with HAL’s springs
Does anyone have experience with HAL’s shocks with stock springs VS HAL’s with HAL’s springs?
I was wondering if there would be much different in the 60’s foot times?
If so I might switch out the stock front spring for the HAL’s new 300 pound spring.

I have only had the new set-up to the track twice now with a best of 1.64.
I am launching at 5800rpm with the fronts at 3 and the rears at 4.
Last time out I keep the shock alone and started lowering the tire pressure, the QTP so far liked low pressure (12.5psi), but I will try lower next time out.
I also will start trying to dial-in the shock, should I start buy adjusting the front or the rears first?

Might try dropping the fronts a bit. I'm usually at 1 or 0. Hal springs here with a best of 1.56. I can't help ya much with the rears, I'm still running stockers there.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:40 PM
9 Second Club NA

All cars are different and will like different settings, but most people I know run them on 3. I used to run 0 or 1 all the time, but when I tried 3 as suggested, my 60 fts. became better and more consistent.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:21 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the feed back
I will try tightening the front firsts; if my 60,s slow then I will try looser like 2.
Finally I will try tightening up the rear.

We have some real suspension experts on this forum, someone should start a thread on HOW TO DIAL-IN YOUR DRAG SUPENSION.

How to, in what order, what to look for and do’s and don’ts.
(i.e.) pinion angle, tire pressures, shocks, spring, Drag bar, LCA, ect.
Then once at the track, start trying to dial-in your car in this order. (tire pressure the front shock then rear).
Of course, I am only guessing at this, someone should do this for us beginners.

Think about it, we have HOW TO’s on ( tuning your car, cam swap, ect.)
Old 03-28-2005, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well i also hear dit helps to keep your passenger rear side one click higher because that side tends to squat more or something.. I am in the debate whether to keep my stock springs or put my Hals in... Anybody have an opinion on which ones to keep?
Old 03-28-2005, 04:23 PM
9 Second Club NA

If your car is set up for drag, then put the Hals in, but if not, then keep the stockers. If youre looking to squeeze every bit out of your car, then again, keep the Hals. Dont set your rear shocks any different, keep them the same and if the car squats really bad, put an air bag in the passenger side spring. If your car is a drag only, skip the bag and put an anti-roll bar on, I promise you wont leave crooked. Hope that helps.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i think i am going to try out the hals in front 1st with stock suspension in the rear until i can get some hals in the rear.. that way i can set the passenger side higher than the driver side so it doesn't squat to one side more than the other.. thanks man
Old 03-30-2005, 12:36 AM
10 Second Club

Default i'm new at this to

i just put on 4 coil overs on & i'm lost but willin for some advice,lol. springs 300 frt & 275 Rr. it rides like a race car. Not real bad but noticeable. i started at 2 frt & 5 Rr spun 10 ft @3300 rpm.1.9 60' need seat time & good guidance.
PLEASE!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by (JRracing 24
i just put on 4 coil overs on & i'm lost but willin for some advice,lol. springs 300 frt & 275 Rr. it rides like a race car. Not real bad but noticeable. i started at 2 frt & 5 Rr spun 10 ft @3300 rpm.1.9 60' need seat time & good guidance.
PLEASE!
to much rear spring no more than 200 out back for drag set-ups. Check your shock adjustment also.

Search this Thread