Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TD combatibility

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TD combatibility

After seeing the picture of what happens to pacesetters after a year, I am starting to re-think my exhaust. I live in Colorado so my car see's type of weather conditions. The problem is I cant afford stainless headers for quite a while, and my stock exhaust is rattling pretty bad. So I was wondering if there was a way to do TSP true duals without purchasing after market headers, or should I just look at getting something like the TSP rumbler system until I can afford TD's in the future?
Old 03-27-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm not sure how "combative" true duals are , but tsp true duals would require some custom fabrication to fit up to stock manifolds. i'd try to get a good catback instead if i were you, like a hooker or rumbler like you mentioned.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'd go catback till you figured out what you wanted, you can usually find the TSP rumbler, or the SLP Loudmouth forsale for a reasonably cheap price. I do think the TSP sounds a little better though.

Lets say stainless :Ts are 750 (offsale), ad in the TSP Duals, thats 420ish, so there is 1120
Stainless LTs 750, and the TSP Rumbler Catback (if you go this route, until LTs) then you are out 275, but when you get the LTs you need a Y pipe thats 145 (TSP branded)
Then sale the catback and get the duals, or get the y and have catback/y/lts...

Or spend ~30 bucks on a cutout, and save your $ and do the LTs and Duals at once.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not sure if they are selling it yet, but Bassani is producing a TD system that will mate with the stock manifolds. Click on my sig pic, then go to the Bassani page. I think I may also have pictures of it up on the Tips & Pics page too.