Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Heavy metal polish results and pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heavy metal polish results and pics

I finally got my **** together and went to work. Here's what I started with.

Not good, the wheels are chalky, sandy, rough looking and stained with road salt. A good test for this stuff.

After I got the hang of the powerball and drill, figured how not to sling it all over the place and how much polish to use it worked pretty good. The first wheel (passenger front) I used the medium and it left the wheel chalky looking, cleaner, but not really shiny. I used too much polish and it took me a while to get it all off. Maybe 15 min. on first wheel. Followed up with the fine and it came out like this.

Not the greatest or closest photo but oh well.

The wheel behind it I used less product, it slung less and It was done faster. I used both polishes for this one also.

Better photo and the wheel is really blinging.

The other side was in the shade so no pics but it looks just as good. I didn't use the medium on the other side or add any more product to the ball, no sling at all. Much faster, maybe five minutes per wheel. I also on the other side polished one wheel, polished the other so the **** could dry before trying to wipe it off. Much much faster than earlier. This polish works great. It easily burns through stains and corrosion that could not be removed after you have polished with other products by hand 'til your fingers bled. I will say that I have used Mothers billet and Never-Dull. Those are the two I have experience with and their is no comparison to Heavy Metal. Heavy Metal has actual abrasives in it and turns black after seconds of rubbing.

Here's another pic of both wheels.

There's been lots of talk lately about how much of a pain the the *** polished wheels are and I still agree. This isn't an alternative to chrome by any means but it is a good product for polished wheels and will save you time. Even after using this stuff, I will still be chroming my z06's when it's time to buy new shoes for the TA.

BTW, please refrain from comments on the dirt inside my wheels and my rusty rotors. I know it's there, my car is a DD right now and I live in Colorado. There is no way in hell I'm going to clean the inside of my wheels, the front is bad enough. I also know my calipers look like ****, I will paint them when I buy new brake pads and rotors. At least my wheel wells are clean though
Old 03-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

So that stuff actually god rid of the salt spots? I have some TTIIs and I got them damn lil spots all over now! No matter how much rubbin I do it doesnt go away!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Darkspoon
So that stuff actually god rid of the salt spots? I have some TTIIs and I got them damn lil spots all over now! No matter how much rubbin I do it doesnt go away!
Yes, it will remove them.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:13 AM
TECH Resident

Looks good. Love that stuff. Gotta try it with a powerball & drill now!
Old 03-28-2005, 08:38 AM
10 Second Club

i just bought the stuff and havent really used it yet, but i did a small 5" spot on one rim and I was thoroughly impressed. by far the best polish I've used on the rims to date
Old 03-28-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so would you suggest just getting the Fine polish and skipping the medium if the wheels it will be used on are not in bad condition?
Old 03-28-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

ive used that polish too and i think th mothers brings out more of a shine than the heavymetal polish but the heavymetal polish sheets water better than the mothers. Looks good either way,
Old 04-21-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can I use this on chrome wheels? Which polish should I use?
Old 04-22-2005, 07:12 AM
Launching!

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I have used this on stock WS6 wheels and the shine is impressive. I would recommend using this product on all polished wheels.