Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prestone flush and fill kit installation (instructions and pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Prestone flush and fill kit installation (instructions and pics)

Hi folks-

I decided I wanted to flush out my radiator/cooling system today. I have installed one of those "Flush and Fill kits" made by Prestone on my Silverado. It sure makes getting the old coolant out a pretty simple task. Just open the radiator cap on a cool engine, and run the hose with the motor running, until the water comes out clear.

So here's what I started with:

I wasn't sure which small hose to install the "Tee" in, so I disconected both, then started the motor and quickly went to see which port the water was pumping from. It was coming from the rear fitting. So I cut about a 1/3 inch section from the hose in the back, and installed the medium sized Tee that comes with this kit. I also upgraded the stock clamps that were used to clamp the heater hoses to the water pump.

After pic:

Future coolant changes should be a snap with this handy gadget installed. It also makes it so you don't have to mess with the petcock on the bottom of the radiator. Just take the cap off the Tee and drain it there. You can use the discharge hose from a shop vac to pressurize the cooling system and blow the residual coolant out that way.

I just wanted to share this really simple improvement that costs around $3.50 at Walmart.

Take it easy,

Matt
Old 03-29-2005, 07:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. Added to the list of things to do this spring.

Quick Reply: Prestone flush and fill kit installation (instructions and pics)