Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a good dual exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I need a good dual exhaust!

I want to put on a dual setup but I have the sphon tq arm mounted to the chassis. I have searched but not found anything that fits around it. Has anyone done anything to make one fit in this situation? What about a H-pipe? Will it gain about the same? I think it might work or atleast fit better under the car. Any ideas? Thanks...
Old 03-28-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen it done, there is a picture on this board, its a little convoluted (the tubing bends around the trouble spot on the torque arm) An H-pipe will probably make it easier, but the HP maniacs on here would curse you up and down for sacrificing the 2 HP you might have gotten by using an X-pipe. Personally, I think H-pipes are a great option for these cars
Old 03-28-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

contact Lane. thats his handle on this board. he's the one that built that system that went around the tq arm. he makes badass exhaust systems. he's not a sponsor so i can't list his contact info, just do a search on yahoo for lane's performance.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks, that is what I have been throwing around. I wonder if any one has even tried switching h and x pipes around. I think the H will flow better than my y-pipe and cut out i have now? I can feel and see a big difference in it open and closed. So I no it needs to breathe. I just can't fit a x on my car with this mount and hate to buy something else.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks, I will look. I have his web saved I will go look at it.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you're going to have a really hard time finding anyone around here who can get duals to fit under your car and still give you a reasonable amount of ground clearance, especially since you're lowered.

FWIW, I didn't lose any power going from my old X-Pipe to the Mufflex Y/Hooker CB w/cutout. The curves are virtually identical.

And it seems like I remember reading that the performance delta between the X-Pipe and H-Pipe grows in favor of the X the higher you go in the RPM range.

Josh
Old 03-29-2005, 06:06 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks Josh. I just want to try something different now.