Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES light dissappeared

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES light dissappeared

I had a ses light for like 7 months right. The dealer told me it was the MAF so I bought a new one, a granatelli one, to be exact. so I installed it then after seven miles or maybe twelve it came back, **** I said. I checked it out and I saw a little k&n oil on the black little thing where the wires are. So I thought $300 down the drain. I cleaned with alcohol an cooton swab and still the light came on. SO I went to auto zone they checked out the code and told me it could be the spark plugs. So I bought them with wires and replaced them. so another seven miles it came back on. I am unplugging the battery in between thses installs, now after unplugging the battery a couple of days I took it out to get it checked so I could fix it but the light did not come back on. What gives? someone explain
Old 03-28-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

take it to a real mechanic that actually knows how to use the diagnostic equipment that way you don't have to spend $$ on Bull **** parts.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

You may have erased any stored codes from the computer...like cleaning the chalkboard. See what happens now. It may not come back on.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 PM
12 Second Club

Talking

what codes r u getting. sounds like it could be multiple codes. post them here and we will help u out. light can come on due to gas cap being loose or not sealing properly. coed should be something like p0440. that would be your evaporative emission control system malfunction. basicly a leak on that system. something to check I heard these cars r notourious for this code. just check coeds and go from there.

cowboysfan