PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wierd fuel pump problem

Old 03-29-2005, 02:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wierd fuel pump problem

Ever since i got my mail order tune i have had this problem (amongst a bunch of other tuning problems im sorting out on my own now), sometimes my fuel pump will stay on when i shut my truck off for about a minute and other times it will shut off around 3-4 seconds like it used to do. It never stayed on past 3-4 seconds before i put the new pcm in and now it will turn off after 3-4 seconds some times and stay on for a minute with the key off other times and sometimes it varys between those 2 times.

The other problem im having is that my fuel pump will still run with the fuel pump relay removed.. I have removed it well its running set the relay in my garage drivin the truck a couple blocks brought it back and reved it up a couple times all with out the relay in, how is that possible? I have also pulled the relay with the key off and the engine will start right up and stay running with it removed. Also i made sure it was the fuel pump relay im pulling and it definately is the fuel pump relay. Both these problems are very odd and im wondering what could cause this and if anyone else has had this problem
Old 03-30-2005, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone.. c'mon

Search this Thread