Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire fitment guru needed please........

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Tire fitment guru needed please........

I've got a '02 SS in need of a sharp looking tire upgrade.The stock 275 F-1's (with only 3000 miles on them, I might add) will reside in the basement for a while and I want to replace them with 18" chrome wheels. I want to go no wider than 245's in front and as wide as possible in back. My questions are concerning the needed rim width for the front tires and the allowable tire width in the back with the 18" rim. Also enlighten me on the rim width in the back(seems I read some where that 18x11's are too wide for the wheel well).I'm hoping that 18x8's with 245 tires will work on the front and 18x11's with 305's or even 315's will fit properly in the back.

Also please clue me in on the best looking tire for the money. I'm not looking for anything sticky or great for cornering since I rarely even go over the speed limit anymore(yeah, I guess I'm gettin' old).

Thanks for chiming in guys.

Old 03-29-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, based upon what I've read, you are now in the custom wheel market, I-Forged, FIKSE, or HRE . . .

Your front weel gives alot of choice looking a a 18" x 8", offset can be around 35 to 38 mm, with a good aggressive stance.

The back, well, I personnally feel a 10.5" and 295, are plenty wide enought for a F-Car, but that's me. . . . an 11" can be made to fit, but mods will be manadatory, such as rolling hte quarter lip and possilby the BFH to the inner wheel well. Offset is going to need to be in the 46 to 50 mm range and your tire choices are limited . . .

That's a start for you.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

xsta knows his stuff. check out the forged line at www.billetwheel.com let me know if you need any help