Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with custom fitting my exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help with custom fitting my exhaust

I currently have Magnaflow and purchased a used SLP 2OTL catback from someone online. He kept the I-pipe and over-the-axle pipe for it because he had a cutout on those, so I don't have them. SLP does sell them, but they want around $80 for each small pipe, so that idea is out the window. Anyways, I wanted to see if it would be possible to mate the over-the-axle pipe from my Magnaflow to my new SLP catback. The pipe is 3'' I believe and the inlet on the muffer is 3'' as well. The only problem is that the Magnaflow pipe is made to fit further forward into the side of the muffler up front, whereas the inlet on the 2OTL muffler is centered right on the side of the muffler. I think it might work if I could simply have that pipe mandrel bent backwards a bit.

Any other ideas?
Old 03-29-2005, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

I would use the pipe that you have to go over the axle, and just let the exhaust dump out of there. Then bring it to a shop and have them route it into the 2OTL muffler.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by black_z
I would use the pipe that you have to go over the axle, and just let the exhaust dump out of there. Then bring it to a shop and have them route it into the 2OTL muffler.
Yeah, that's what I'm going to do, I just need to figure out how to have that pipe routed to the muffler, seeing as it's made to mate to a muffler with an inlet a few inches more forward. Just thinking I might just be able to do it myself.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

I would forget about the 2otl setup. There is no possible way to mate it up. In fact, you should just sell it to me . J/K .. In all honesty I've been looking for this exhaust for a while. You could probably cut a small section, maybe a few inches, right before it starts to bend into the muffler. That will move the pipe back enough. Just have a shop do it, shouldn't cost you more than 50 bucks for the new welds and labor.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AllThrottle4U
I would forget about the 2otl setup. There is no possible way to mate it up. In fact, you should just sell it to me . J/K .. In all honesty I've been looking for this exhaust for a while. You could probably cut a small section, maybe a few inches, right before it starts to bend into the muffler. That will move the pipe back enough. Just have a shop do it, shouldn't cost you more than 50 bucks for the new welds and labor.
Nice try.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to start unclamping the Magnaflow tomorrow morning and see what I can do.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

Why you going 2OTL? i thought youd like the 2 tips on each side better?
Old 03-30-2005, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
Why you going 2OTL? i thought youd like the 2 tips on each side better?
Well normally I would, but it's time for something a bit different for me. I wanted to get a little smoother sound out of the exhaust and I liked the way 2OTL sounded, so I can get used to the tips. I think I'll actually like it. I'd like to get CME down the road, so then I'll just have the muffler hooked up to some tips with the valence.