Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My Experience with a G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Experience with a G35 coupe

My G35 experience.

I was cruising home about lunchtime and I see this G35 coupe in my rearview mirror. I saw this guy running down a couple of cars, riding peoples asses, switching lanes and cutting people off (bascially driving like a jerk).
Since I just had my cam, stall converter and car ls1edit tuned I was a little itchy to see what it can do. I met him at a light and gave him a look. It was a perfect place to race: No cross traffic, an cement island on the left, and about a 1/4 mile down the road our two lanes merge to one. GREAT, lets see who can make it to the end of this road before the lanes merge to one.
The light turns green annnndddd NOTHING!!! This sissy takes off slow and doesn't want to race. I revved a bit and slowed down, trying to get him to attempt a fly-by and NOTHING.

WHAT A SISSY!!! This guy is more than willing to run down an old couple in a Buick and a mom in a minivan, but when it comes to a guy in a rumbling Trans AM, play time is over??
Old 03-29-2005, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Your cam scared him.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

haha i dont blame him....he knows his place
Old 03-29-2005, 07:08 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by SStheBest
he knows his place
damn right

brad
Old 03-30-2005, 03:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I woulda just shook my head at him. Or started laughing
Old 03-30-2005, 07:12 AM
11 Second Club

He just knew he had nothing for ya.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:12 AM
11 Second Club

i would have raced u
Old 03-31-2005, 03:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah don't cha just hate when you think your're gonna get some and don't. Especially when the conditions are right as you described it. As said above he knew his place. It's not like it would have been close.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:08 PM
Teching In

Funny thing...on that same road I came across a 02-04ish Mustang GT convertible. It was black, super clean, shiney and had the top down. I thought I had another race because in the rear view mirror the driver looked like an older man. I looked over and there was an older lady probably in her late 50's and she looked haggered. I think the cleaning lady took her bosses car out for a spin. She never looked over (basically she could care less if I was driving a Trans Am or Tercel)....I felt kinda stupid once I saw who was driving....I know we have all felt that way at least once!
Old 03-31-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RC_Y2KWS6TA
Funny thing...on that same road I came across a 02-04ish Mustang GT convertible. It was black, super clean, shiney and had the top down. I thought I had another race because in the rear view mirror the driver looked like an older man. I looked over and there was an older lady probably in her late 50's and she looked haggered. I think the cleaning lady took her bosses car out for a spin. She never looked over (basically she could care less if I was driving a Trans Am or Tercel)....I felt kinda stupid once I saw who was driving....I know we have all felt that way at least once!
Yep just like when you are trying to get beside a car you think has a hot girl in there and it turns out to be a 60 year old lady. Then you feel real dumb.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

My G35 experience.

I was cruising home about lunchtime and I see this G35 coupe in my rearview mirror. I saw this guy running down a couple of cars, riding peoples asses, switching lanes and cutting people off (bascially driving like a jerk).
Since I just had my cam, stall converter and car ls1edit tuned I was a little itchy to see what it can do. I met him at a light and gave him a look. It was a perfect place to race: No cross traffic, an cement island on the left, and about a 1/4 mile down the road our two lanes merge to one. GREAT, lets see who can make it to the end of this road before the lanes merge to one.
The light turns green annnndddd NOTHING!!! This sissy takes off slow and doesn't want to race. I revved a bit and slowed down, trying to get him to attempt a fly-by and NOTHING.

WHAT A SISSY!!! This guy is more than willing to run down an old couple in a Buick and a mom in a minivan, but when it comes to a guy in a rumbling Trans AM, play time is over??
Seem's like the kind that will run and cut people off to get away from you before he will ever race.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Theres an old couple around here with a 575 hp Supra. You just never know what you'll run into. Dont take the white heads for granted if they're driving heat, you just never know, some of them old people have money to spend.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

i raced a geezer in a clk benz he was more into it then i wwas revin and goosin it up and ****. he was cool.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Teching In

I hate when that happens!