Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has problems or vibrations after a torque converter install?

Old 03-29-2005, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has problems or vibrations after a torque converter install?

Iam looking to install my torque converter into my 98 trans am and iam looking to see if anyone here had any major problems after installing the torque converter? like vibrations etc? if so what did find out the problem was? did you solve it?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Banned

When I got my Vig 2800 installed there was a combination of different things going on. First the only vibration I remember was that it reved more and the exhaust was louder. I thought I had more vibrations, but everything turned out to be normal.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Banned

Still working on my problem, the shop balanced the converter again, internally and externallly. Now I'm going back to a stock converter to see if the vibration goes away, then I'll narrow the problem down from there. I would recommend going with a good shop and a good "KNOWN" converter shop.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2000TARiceKilla
Still working on my problem, the shop balanced the converter again, internally and externallly. Now I'm going back to a stock converter to see if the vibration goes away, then I'll narrow the problem down from there. I would recommend going with a good shop and a good "KNOWN" converter shop.

what converter are you using? whats the problem with your car? what kind of vibrations are you getting?
Old 03-29-2005, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Just make extra damn sure that its seated ALL the way into the pump. Use spacers if you have to, but even the slightest gap will be problems later.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 192 Likes on 161 Posts

No problems. But I had vibrations before the converter install, I have them after, though maybe muted a bit. I think my engine's just rough in certain light-throttle applications. My exhaust is much louder after the TC.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has problems or vibrations after a torque converter install?