Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new valve springs problem with dying

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default new valve springs problem with dying

Okay i have had the computer tuned for the heads and cam that i have which is fully ported ls1 heads with a f1 cam .591 lift i just got my new patriot valve springs today and installed them since i had a lunati spring break anyways before the break and now with the new springs when i come to a stop i have to play with the gas and throw it into nuetral. to keep it from dying and sometimes it still dies what can this be. maybe my idle air control is going bad? Also when you rev it up when first started it will idle high like 2500-3000 rpms then drop a few moments later and sometimes die after that as well. so does anybody think the idle air is going down the toilet? I am about tired of fooling with this conversion.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets try this one over here.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like either a bad tune, or you are coil binding the springs which you will notice very soon when the bearings fall out of the rockers.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have a scantool, check the Idle Air Controller counts when the problem is happening.

If not, you might experiment with the min air screw on the throttle body...just thread it inward (opening the throttle blade) in 1/4 turn increments and re-testing to see if it helps. You'll want to make this change with the engine off, and then let it completely warm up by driving a bit before each test.