Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car cranks but kills????

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car cranks but kills????

My car cranks up but kills in about 5 seconds, the injectors are pulsing, the vats is turned off. The ground to the block from the battery to the block is hooked up, also the strap to the left side of the block to the frame rail hooked up. The TPS is registering correct. The fuel pressure is reading 54-56 p.s.i. @ start is not dropping when it's cranked. If you try to give it gas it kills instantaniously. I had two grounds that hooked up to the back of the head when we reinstalled the engine, but I thought it was odd that the third one was not there like normal. The car is a 98. We double checked all the sensors and they're all plugged in. The car has been tuned. This is just baffling me. This is not my first LS1 to work on or drop, so I can promise you it's driving me insane. I know it's something stupid and minor, but damn it's about to make me go coo coo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2005, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check to make sure the 3 wire temp sensor is firmly connected at the drivers side head, it will cause a similar issue. (done it a couple of times) Also make sure the wires going to it are not melted. Other than that, not sure ???

Ryan
Old 03-31-2005, 12:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We triple checked all the sensors, and hooked up the GM techII, it showed all was good.