Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Broken Motor???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Motor???

I have 31,000 miles I change my oil every 4,000 miles (mobile1 5w30) I also use CALIFORNIA 91 Octane and I just did the TR224 112LSA cam swap, with Comp 918 Springs. Im running NGK TR6 Spark plugs, stock gap.

Now I'm getting SES lights P0300(misfire code) yet the HP TUNER logs no KR. However I do have very loud audioable knock is it detonation or is something broken inside the engine?

The Sample tune I have is downloaded from this website "ls1techdatabase"

Please help...

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaroguy
I have 31,000 miles I change my oil every 4,000 miles (mobile1 5w30) I also use CALIFORNIA 91 Octane and I just did the TR224 112LSA cam swap, with Comp 918 Springs. Im running NGK TR6 Spark plugs, stock gap.

Now I'm getting SES lights P0300(misfire code) yet the HP TUNER logs no KR. However I do have very loud audioable knock is it detonation or is something broken inside the engine?

The Sample tune I have is downloaded from this website "ls1techdatabase"

Please help...

Thanks!
dont worry about it, as long as there is no KR there is no problem as far as I can tell from your description. I did a head and cam swap, with the same springs and roughly the same cam with stock 6.0L heads and still managed to pull 350 dynojet rwhp with the P0300 code, which I find good given the sompression drop and no tune whatsoever. the code is normal after a cam swap. You can modify the misfire detection threshold to keep the SES light from being lit, but make sure not to modify it too much because then you risk not detecting a real misfire. as for the "audible knock", if it really were that bad, you woult be getting some form of KR at WOT I'm sure.