Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My Hawk vs. supercharged LT1 Corvette..

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Hawk vs. supercharged LT1 Corvette..

I was up the races in philly the night before easter and a 93 corvette with a paxton supercharger called me out.. We lined up and he jumped the line early, i launched at about 1,700 and it bogged a little bit. At this point he had me by about 1.5 cars. Then as soon as the rpm's shot up and the juiced kicked in it was all she wrote. I made up the difference and added 2 cars by mid 3rd gear.. he was pissed we raced again and he thought by letting more air out of his tires this time would help, LOL.. same results.......
Old 04-01-2005, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

where are you from? i'm from quakertown..i would love to run you some time.
Old 04-02-2005, 08:08 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by Nasty Hawk
I was up the races in philly the night before easter and a 93 corvette with a paxton supercharger called me out.. We lined up and he jumped the line early, i launched at about 1,700 and it bogged a little bit. At this point he had me by about 1.5 cars. Then as soon as the rpm's shot up and the juiced kicked in it was all she wrote. I made up the difference and added 2 cars by mid 3rd gear.. he was pissed we raced again and he thought by letting more air out of his tires this time would help, LOL.. same results.......
does your car pass inspection, even with the 224/224/112? I am in Philly too, BTW. Where was this race at?

brad
Old 04-02-2005, 06:41 PM
12 Second Club

Yes my car does pass inspection.. I raced him on Holstein.. It was the night before Easter and it was crowded as **** up there. Was like old times.. Maybe i will see u up around philly this summer U lose..