Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Performance, Inc

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default More Performance, Inc

After changing the cam in my car I coud not get the tune dialed in. I took my car up to More Performance in Charlotte yesterday. What a great group of guys there! They have a nice shop and a good reputaion, but they don't advertise.

Bob who tuned my car did a great job dialing it in. The power enrichment tables were out of whack. I started out with around 350 rwhp. My torque converter would not hold lockup on the last couple of dyno runs, so he unlocked it and pulled 380rwhp and 367 ft lbs of torque. That is more hp than I made with the old bigger 224/224 cam, which was tuned by someone else. Keep in mind this is with a tranny that has 105,000 miles on it. He said with a torque converter/tranny fix, that I should pull at least 400 rwhp. This is with a Crane/VINCE cam that only has 216/224 - 550/550 & 115 LSA

I could not figure why I was not getting that before. The other tuner did not spend the time needed to get the most out of the car. Bob did not quit until I was satisfied that he had gotten the best tune with my current combination.

Now I have to call TCI and see if they will repair/replace my torue converter. Then I will go back up and see if I can indeed pull the 400 rwhp mark

Great people at More Performance! If you are not far from Charlotte, NC and you need a dyno tune, I highly recommend them!

Last edited by Deeavi; 06-10-2005 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

good on them !! nice to see some places still believe in customer service