LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

LG Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 12:44 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LG Motorsports

Where to begin....

I ordered from them worshipping the place before ever dealing with them. I ordered the following before x-mas for my '02 WS6.

-LGM coil overs w/custom valving for the street
-LGM subframe connectors w/ v-braces + integrated driveshaft loop.
-LGM Torque Arm
-LGM G2 swaybars
-LGM aluminum double adjustable panhard rod
-LGM aluminum double adjustable lower control arms
-LGM lower control arm relocation brackets

I think the only part I didn't buy from them was the lower A-arms for the front. I paid a pretty big chunk of change for the parts UP FRONT. Salesman said he would try to get some of it out that day. Great.

3 weeks later, I was still waiting for parts. I recieved the subframe connectors, v braces, driveshaft loop, and lca relocation brackets. All in black, I specifically asked for everything to be red. Maybe I'm a little too picky sometimes, but when I'm paying the bills, I expect to get what I order.

Called them up, and after a little subliminal arguing, he said he would send me the tags to ship the parts back to Texas in exchange for the red powdercoated parts.

Ok, another 3 or so weeks goes by, and I get the red subframe connectors, swaybars, and relocation brackets.

As of April 2nd (almost 4 months later), I'm still missing my v-braces, driveshaft loop, torque arm, and coil overs. I've called several times, almost once every week. Each time they say they will either call me back with a better answer (which they don't), or that they will get it out that day. I've been put on hold almost every time I've called, usually 5-8 minutes each time. They don't have a 1-800 number either. Which would be fine, if they could get things right.

I'm starting to get pissed, not upset, not mad, genuinely pissed off. I've got a week off next week, and I'm contemplating heading down to Lou's shop. More than half way across this country.

What I don't have:
coil overs
v-braces
driveshaft loop
torque arm

That's $2xxx worth of parts I haven't seen, in almost 4 months. Now I realize it's that time of year. Races are coming up, practices etc. Probably a busy place at the moment. However, I figure they might employ a few people at this establishment, and in 4 months time, they may be able to produce the goods I've already payed for.

I've asked to talk to Lou several times. I've never once gotten through to him. The salesguy either tells me he can take care of me, or Lou is busy, or whatever. Last time he said Lou, and the race guys are in charge of building the coil overs. Well ok, then someone needs to let me contact the guy. I want the parts, I want them done right, and I want it done in a reasonable amount of time.

Not only is it that time of year for them, it's that time of year for me. Time to get the car out, get things installed and have some fun.

I've called, hassled with every idiot they've got there manning the phones, and now this is here.

LGM will get not one more cent of my hard earned cash, no positive feedback, nothing. I would have a cam/valvetrain package from them as well, but I decided against it and went with Futral Motosports. So far so good with them, I'd definately do business with them again.

Search the forum, search my posts. You won't find any complaining coming from my corner. I've got $13k worth of parts bought off of sponsors off of this forum. Never have I had to deal with a situation such as this. Especially not from one of the bigger sponsors on the board.

I'm bascially posting this to see if anyone else has had any problems etc. If I stop one person from spending xxxx amount of dollars at LG, I'll be happy.

Rob

Last edited by BAD ASS TA WS6; 04-02-2005 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LG Stuff

Rob I hope you get all your stuff worked out. Just make damm sure when you weld the Subframe Conn in that the v-braces line up with the holes!!!! Install the vbaces to the subs and then install. When Installed mine one side lined up another side didnt. Called them and was told it was my fault. I should of verified fitment. BLAAHAHAHAHHA. But why wasnt there any directions in with the subs!! Oh we have only had a couple complaints about this particular issue. Well I got pissed and checked the right sub and it wasn't made right. I just welded a part that is now Permant on my car.

Is there anyway you can disput the charges and go elsewhere? Oh I think I still have the RIght hand v- brace if you want it. John Oliver

Ps then I gave them another shot at a set of billet pedal covers that I need when I'm road racing to heel and toe downshift. They fit like ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Where to begin....

I ordered from them worshipping the place before ever dealing with them. I ordered the following before x-mas for my '02 WS6.

-LGM coil overs w/custom valving for the street
-LGM subframe connectors w/ v-braces + integrated driveshaft loop.
-LGM Torque Arm
-LGM G2 swaybars
-LGM aluminum double adjustable panhard rod
-LGM aluminum double adjustable lower control arms
-LGM lower control arm relocation brackets

I think the only part I didn't buy from them was the lower A-arms for the front. I paid a pretty big chunk of change for the parts UP FRONT. Salesman said he would try to get some of it out that day. Great.

3 weeks later, I was still waiting for parts. I recieved the subframe connectors, v braces, driveshaft loop, and lca relocation brackets. All in black, I specifically asked for everything to be red. Maybe I'm a little too picky sometimes, but when I'm paying the bills, I expect to get what I order.

Called them up, and after a little subliminal arguing, he said he would send me the tags to ship the parts back to Texas in exchange for the red powdercoated parts.

Ok, another 3 or so weeks goes by, and I get the red subframe connectors, swaybars, and relocation brackets.

As of April 2nd (almost 4 months later), I'm still missing my v-braces, driveshaft loop, torque arm, and coil overs. I've called several times, almost once every week. Each time they say they will either call me back with a better answer (which they don't), or that they will get it out that day. I've been put on hold almost every time I've called, usually 5-8 minutes each time. They don't have a 1-800 number either. Which would be fine, if they could get things right.

I'm starting to get pissed, not upset, not mad, genuinely pissed off. I've got a week off next week, and I'm contemplating heading down to Lou's shop. More than half way across this country.

What I don't have:
coil overs
v-braces
driveshaft loop
torque arm

That's $2xxx worth of parts I haven't seen, in almost 4 months. Now I realize it's that time of year. Races are coming up, practices etc. Probably a busy place at the moment. However, I figure they might employ a few people at this establishment, and in 4 months time, they may be able to produce the goods I've already payed for.

I've asked to talk to Lou several times. I've never once gotten through to him. The salesguy either tells me he can take care of me, or Lou is busy, or whatever. Last time he said Lou, and the race guys are in charge of building the coil overs. Well ok, then someone needs to let me contact the guy. I want the parts, I want them done right, and I want it done in a reasonable amount of time.

Not only is it that time of year for them, it's that time of year for me. Time to get the car out, get things installed and have some fun.

I've called, hassled with every idiot they've got there manning the phones, and now this is here.

LGM will get not one more cent of my hard earned cash, no positive feedback, nothing. I would have a cam/valvetrain package from them as well, but I decided against it and went with Futral Motosports. So far so good with them, I'd definately do business with them again.

Search the forum, search my posts. You won't find any complaining coming from my corner. I've got $13k worth of parts bought off of sponsors off of this forum. Never have I had to deal with a situation such as this. Especially not from one of the bigger sponsors on the board.

I'm bascially posting this to see if anyone else has had any problems etc. If I stop one person from spending xxxx amount of dollars at LG, I'll be happy.

Rob

Last edited by Ojustracing; 04-02-2005 at 10:53 PM.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:55 PM
10 Second Club

Sorry to hear about your situation and hope you get your money or product. I just ordered a cam and it came right away. I wouldn't buy anything else though as I think they are way to overpriced and from what you just said have **** poor customer service.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:27 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HAMRHEAD
Sorry to hear about your situation and hope you get your money or product. I just ordered a cam and it came right away. I wouldn't buy anything else though as I think they are way to overpriced and from what you just said have **** poor customer service.

All Lou is concerned about is feeding his race habit at the expense of everyone else. As far as I'm concerned, he has no ethics, is a huge B.S. artist and when pushed to back up his big mouth, he runs and hides. I would'nt buy a valve stem from him.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

I believe that from the prices of the **** they sell. They never try to work with you and match prices either. Never seen them do a GP either.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:08 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

There are so many people on this baord that worship the guy, and his parts. I just had assumed they were a great company to deal with. WRONG.

2C5s, I believe you hit the nail on the head. I've called again and Lou is still "racing." I've already paid the price for the parts, I just want to put them on the damn car.

That place sucks....period.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

man you should have your stuff within a week...i don't see what's the deal...
Old 04-04-2005, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HAMRHEAD
Never seen them do a GP either.
They've had GP's in the past on their C5 LT's, at least on the other forum.

Mark
Old 04-04-2005, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mdhmi
They've had GP's in the past on their C5 LT's, at least on the other forum.

Mark
If I'm wrong I apologize I have just never seen it personally since I've been on this site. I got the cam I wanted and LG will never see another cent of mine. I buy everything from speed inc instead! Let us know if or when you get your parts.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please, enough of the bashing. Email me Louis@LGMotorsports.com if you need a secondary contact to Lou that is just as good.

The info I have here is the following:

Jan. 27th- All parts but the Coil overs were sent out in black.
Our mistake, and we rectified that by sending call tags for everything and sending the correct parts out to you.

However, shipping sent a call tag for a torque arm that was never purchased, and said torque arm was never returned because it was never sent in the original batch of mis-colored parts.

According to bill# 14361, all parts were sent save for the coil overs.

The coil overs are race shocks with custom valving and that is currently the hold up. They have had no material for the past 2 months to build the shock body itself.

You are correct, we supply race car parts for the street, and being prime time racing season, it is tough to get the parts needed to make this work.

I am on the phone with Bilstien at least twice a week as well as my sales guys, but I am working double time to get you your coil overs.

I am willing to give you free torque arm to make this right.

Again, I am showing that everything has shipped. Please contact me and I will get everything taken care of ASAP.

Louis

www.LGMotorsports.com
Old 04-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Launching!

i have dealt with lg motorsports in the past. i had problems with their c5 to f-body brackets. they did a good job correcting the problem and i will deal with them again.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:18 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Thanks for posting up Louis. At least I can finally get in contact with somone who knows what the deal is. I'm not impressed with your sales department, and I will flat out state that here. I don't mean to "bash" the company, but I tried everything I could and felt posting here was necessary. As I said, search the board, you're not going to find any complaining coming from me. But this situation flat out sucks. I'll send you an email.

Rob

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports