Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust Confusion?

Old 04-02-2005, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Exhaust Confusion?

Well I really need some help here guys. Right now i have a 2000 ws6 with a flowmaster muffler and a cutout right before muffler. I think that it sounds pretty good but soon I am going to redo the entire exhaust. Well I know everyone has a different opinion but i need everyone's! I guess right know i am looking at everything but the headers. I will get headers later. I don't know whether or not to go with a Y pipe or X pipe or what. It is just so hard to make a decision. But see to get a true dual system it just seems so exspensive and then u have to worry about clearance. and another question? should i get it catted or not. to me the louder the better but i don't want alot of drone in the car and i HATE rasp. I guess i just want u guys to give me some opinions. of x pipe or y? catted or not or hiflow cats? what catback?and should i go a 2.5" system or 3"...I have heard that u should run 3" unless u have over 400 hp b/c u lose power but I dunno? just everything boys? I have listened to ls1sounds over and over but still can't make a decision? PLEASE HELP ME OUT GUYS!!!!!
Thanks for all the help in advance......yall are great!
Old 04-03-2005, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I would save up for the headers and just go duals. If you are going to keep the stock headers and just want to be louder then you can take the stock headers off and gut them for free put them back on and for sure you will be louder on your current setup. IMOP duals if you like loud.

Search this Thread