LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Big thanks to Nick and Pete @ Autoworx

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 10:36 AM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation Big thanks to Nick and Pete @ Autoworx

Big thanks to Nick and Pete @ Autoworx
spent just over 7 hours up at autoworx yesterday, not only for some tuning, but some last minute trouble shooting, while the car was strapped to the dyno killed alot of time!!!

actually the worst part of te whole day was the drive up and back, my a-hole was puckered tighter than the little drummer boys snare drum!! i don't recommend driving/trailering in weather like that!

found one really bad plug wire, thanks to XXV ANN's car changed it and then made a pull. at this point we were able to actually start tuning the car. we made 12 pulls in 2 hours at this point! no screwing around, Pete's wife was about to send out a search party for him.

aisde from the fact that i need to toss these wires, they served me well for 2 years, and the fact that i tuned the car with 5 month old sunoco 94 and and a little less than half a tank of fresh 94, doh!!! i forgot the 103 in the garage at home!!!

so i will install a new set of wires...any recommendations??? i have a taylor wire i can use to replace my crappy #7 wire for now.

the one reason i like the magnecor's is because they are made a bit longer than the stock wires.

also thanks to my friend Jim for coming up, his help was greatly appreciated!!! all in all had fun and realize I have a little more work to do, and a few more bugs to straighten out, but nothing major.

and thanks again to Nick and Pete! i was able to accomplish alot yesterday!
Old 04-03-2005, 08:52 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i forgot to mention the shop is plenty big. plenty of room to work and organized. a definite step in the right direction! i was even able to pull my truck and trailer right in to the shop unload the car and drive into the dyno room.

also the problem was that #7 wire even with the light wrap over the wire was sitting on the header, new headers have 5/7 primaries running closer to the block, shame on me for not noticing! new wire is on, and car is running better!
Old 04-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The coolest thing of the night other than the weather, was listening to the exhaust being open & closed at the flick of a switch. I could have played with that all night.

***note to self*** install electronic exhaust dumps on everything with an exhaust.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:22 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Originally Posted by Pissin MAD
***note to self*** install electronic exhaust dumps on everything with an exhaust.
LMAO!!!
Old 04-05-2005, 02:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

This should probably get moved to LS1 Member Feedback since ARE is not a sponsor...and shouldn't even be considered for sponsorship until they make everything right for all of the people that they screwed in the past.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice Taner,

I really like the new place as well, very big, clean and bright . They have come a long way in the last six months and fixed a ton of people up.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLED28
Excuse me, but we have only one person left, as we HAVE been taking care of issues. That last person has allready seen the majority fixed, to complete it its a few weeks away...

Nineball & PSJ, I am going to shoot you guys an email soon about re-registering details...

You're excused...do I see ARE over here ---------------------------->
NOPE

It cracks me up, you guys think that you deserve some kind of praise for making things right for the people that you never should have fucked over in the first place.

I am glad that people have been made financially whole...the fact remains that there are a ton of people who had to go through a bunch of BS simply because ARE couldn't run a tight (or honest) ship.

I sincerely hope that Tony and John do not let ARE sponsor the site, there are enough sponsors that have never screwed people over that produce better results without all of the shady history attached.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLED28
Do yourself a favor and show some respect for yourself and mind your own....
LOL, classic...someone that was involved with a company that habitually lied to their customers and stole money preaching about respect. What's tomorrow's lecture on...honesty and business ethics?

It's not like I am speaking from second-hand knowledge, I had plenty of misfortune dealing with ARE.

Last edited by Phate; 04-06-2005 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

I just got my heads from ARE/Autoworx, nice heads and they have great customer service. Peter hooked me up and took care of me. We had some problems with the heads at first but it was all taken care of

Quick Reply: Big thanks to Nick and Pete @ Autoworx