Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mac exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mac exhaust

just had a complete system put on.It makes a nasty(LUNK,LUNK) sound under the seat area when Im under load and spinning.I'v had it up in the air,and cant find anything loose or where it would hit.Unless the car flexes so much its moving a few inches or more.Anybody delt with this before?
Old 04-03-2005, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

but how does the mac sound?? what y-pipe are u using?
Old 04-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Default mac

mac mids,mac off road y,mac mufflers...sounds like a cross between flowmaster,and borla...deep tone down low,snappy rasp at mid range..and just smooth and loud open throttle.I guess I like it.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:48 PM
12 Second Club

1. I have the Mac mids and y pipe...This happened to me also...The passengerside piping is probably millimeters away from the chasis..and when the transmission and exhaust are under load it move around and hit the chasis... Now u can fix that by adjusting the position of the y pipe..

2. If the clearance is good between the chasis and y pipe...It might be your CATS macs aren't high flow durable cats...Something could be wrong in their and that's causing you raspy tone when revving also..

Good Luck