Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Get'n Down in Philly

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Get'n Down in Philly

So I'm stationed in the military in Maryland. Everone else in the military goes and sees the world, I get stationed an hour and a 1/2 from the house I grew up in. Go figure.
So I go over to my boys house to drink some beer and watch some basketball. My buddy Mike shows up in his Black Mach1. Right away the **** talk'n starts. Mike is a cop in Philly so I have his "know it all attitude" to fight against too. LOL.
He tells me he has 3:55's and cat back and that it destroys WS6's at his station, he runs a 13.3 at ATCO. Now as you can read in my signature I have a serious issue with traction. I tell him I don't have DR's and have a header leak (BTW Pacesetters suck). He brings up the point that no matter what he'll lose cause if I beat him I win, and if I lose I have a buncha excuses. Good point.
So I drive his MAch1 as he suggests and he drives my SS. I have to say I was impressed except for the interior and gauges.... (cept for the seats) He tells me there is no way I'm gonna beat him. In the back of my mind I was worried for some reason.
So we go to Roosevelt Blvd at Southhampton. We line up and blast. We both spin but I put 3-4 car lengths on him. HE PULLS A FLY BY and we meet up at the next light. This time he wants to race from a roll. I put my traction control back on and lit it up from around 40. Again I put 3-4 car lengths on him. We went up and down the Blvd from Red Lion to Southhampton at least 3 times (over a 1/4 mile between lights). Dude just wouldn't quit. He says he's got something ready for me when I get back to Philly. I Can't wait.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Good Kill. I see the Mach1's around here but they never want to race me. Way to put ford back in its place.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

Hey what did the slp MAF do to your car I have one on mine and it works fine.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

good kill. hey man, i asked for ft. meade and got gordon. consider yourself lucky. are you MI?
Old 04-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Yeah Mongoose I'm MI. 98K E-5. Meade is the armpit of the universe as far as I'm concerned. The only thing is I'm close to home and a HUGE racing community in DC/B-more. Keeps me sane.

marcdez the SLP 85mm worked great for about 3 days. Then it set all my L-trims to 20 another words max. When I replaced it with my stock MAF I gained 7hp. The guy at the shop I go to is working on a way to get rid of the MAF all together by using the MAP. I'm not an LS1 edit expert but if you want more info I can pm the owner of the shop that does all the work on my car. It got to the point where we were on the phone with the owner of Thunder trying to figure stuff out.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:50 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

good kill! be careful on Roosevelt man, that street is a mess in a lot of places.

Brad
Old 04-06-2005, 09:16 PM
Teching In

so wait, you raced a cop...he is such a hypocrit. people like him are why the world sucks. cop goes out and busts people, but then does it one the weekend
Old 04-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Things are different in Philly man. They got more important things to do then bust street racers. Besides, the district he works in isn't the one we were racing in. Cops are human too.

And yeah the Blvd is a mess. I bottomed out right before Byberry Rd and sparks everywhere!
Old 04-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Teching In

If you think street racing is tolerated in Philly you better watch yourself...I had an incident a few years back that cost 6 points and over $1200 in tickets. This was in my 01 Cobra....the BLVD is a great spot but cops are in the area.

Be safe.

Bill
Old 04-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Trust me, I know LOL. I got busted back in the day with my LB9 when everyone would meet at the Best Buy on Red Lion. They seemed to have chilled though a bit. Depends on the cop, ya know? Front street is still king, but as far as NE the blvd is the best place to go. Cept now they meet up at Franklin Mills.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by OldLT1
so wait, you raced a cop...he is such a hypocrit. people like him are why the world sucks. cop goes out and busts people, but then does it one the weekend

haha I just posted in another thread on this same topic. (See "on my way to the store.")

I don't condone street racing in any way, shape or form. but yeah, cops are human too. And he wasn't wearing a badge when he did it. haha.

I'd be lying if I said I havn't gotten on a rice mobile or two going up an onramp, but never at dangerous speeds.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

i live in philly too and i'm on the blvd everyday, and the cops DO care about street racing and if they catch you, they usually take your car. but, it is so easy to get caught up in a race, escpecially if your the first at a light. i've had many close calls with the police, but i guess if u see a cop and your already doing 80, it doesn't hurt to stomp on it and lose him real fast. i'm not talking any worlds wildest police video chases, but its very easy to turn into a ghost once you get off the blvd. 4.6 crown vic's are no match for even a stock ls1. but i'm not recommending to anyone to go ******* with the philly cops, escpecially if ur not familiar with the area.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Funny thing is that some races go on right next to the 8th district on Academy.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:00 AM
12 Second Club

Thats funny he talked all that smack to get walked all night
Old 04-11-2005, 09:01 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by PhillyLS1
Funny thing is that some races go on right next to the 8th district on Academy.
lol
Old 04-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Launching!

My car just ran a 12.4 yesterday. Should I break his heart again?