Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my intake plumbed wrong??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Is my intake plumbed wrong??

I am running an NX kit with a single shark nozzle. I have the nozzle plumbed into my intake right where the EGR valve run into the intake oon the older cars. Ive been told that its in the wrong spot and too close to the motor. Well Im moving it this week and was just wondering if there is any validity to this. Also Im not getting a full shot and Im thinking this is the issue, I went from 484 on motor to 615 on a 200 shot. ANy ideas?
Old 04-04-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
I am running an NX kit with a single shark nozzle. I have the nozzle plumbed into my intake right where the EGR valve run into the intake oon the older cars. Ive been told that its in the wrong spot and too close to the motor. Well Im moving it this week and was just wondering if there is any validity to this. Also Im not getting a full shot and Im thinking this is the issue, I went from 484 on motor to 615 on a 200 shot. ANy ideas?
Yep its wrong alright? Ate any plugs yet? If it goes into the intake track itself you need 8 of those nozzles. Not just one. WOW!!! Is all I can say!

Mike
Old 04-04-2005, 09:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Yep its wrong alright? Ate any plugs yet? If it goes into the intake track itself you need 8 of those nozzles. Not just one. WOW!!! Is all I can say!

Mike

Yeah Ive eaten numerous plugs. So your saying that being plumbed into the front of the intake right behind the TB is definately WRONG??? Just trying to clarify. COuld it also be the reason the 200 shot is more like a 100 shot??? Im moving it to infront of the TB this week so it should ok there right??
Old 04-05-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah Ive eaten numerous plugs. So your saying that being plumbed into the front of the intake right behind the TB is definately WRONG??? Just trying to clarify. COuld it also be the reason the 200 shot is more like a 100 shot??? Im moving it to infront of the TB this week so it should ok there right??
Yes it will be MUCH better after maf before the TB...GEES! I cant believe you tapped it like that..lol

Get some NGK 7's or 8's for the 200 shot. Lots of people will use TR6's but you are already destined for destruction by the way its mounted now. You are better off with those colder plugs i mentioned gapped at .032-.035.

Mike
Old 04-06-2005, 08:07 AM
10 Second Club

Yes it will be MUCH better after maf before the TB...GEES! I cant believe you tapped it like that..lol

Get some NGK 7's or 8's for the 200 shot. Lots of people will use TR6's but you are already destined for destruction by the way its mounted now. You are better off with those colder plugs i mentioned gapped at .032-.035.

Mike

Please dont laugh at me. J/K

I just didnt know, Im changing the setup sometime this week.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow..Thas the first time i have seen someone do that.Yes move the nozzle.I suggest staying with the TR6 plugs.TR 7,or * are to cold.
Dave
Old 04-06-2005, 09:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Wow..Thas the first time i have seen someone do that.Yes move the nozzle.I suggest staying with the TR6 plugs.TR 7,or * are to cold.
Dave

Cool this is what I was waiting to hear. Would that also be the only getting 130 out of 200 shot problem?? Im sure it is but just want to ask.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:11 AM
FormerVendor

The problem is this.There is no way to evenly distribute the nitrous to each cylinder with the nozzle in that location.This is why you are burning plugs.Move it into the bello infront of the throttle body.You will see the hp numbers gain and as well of the life of your plugs and motor...
Dave
Old 04-06-2005, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Dave
I strongly disagree with 8's being too cold. Mine is a daily and thats what i use for NA! hahah

7s would be a good plug for sure though if you want to hit it with 200 though. I dont even mess with a plug that has the letters TR in front of it anymore. You are tech guys im sure at Nitro Daves and suggesting an extended tip plug should be one of the tips you tell someone not to use. You worry me! There is no such thing as a TR7 though. Its an NGk 7 we are talking about....bp7efs is the part number. I use ngk R-5271-8's for NA and 9's for the giggle stuff. Even on my small 150-200 pills. Why? Because it reduces my chances of melting a stock piston because it allows the heat in the cylinder to be a little cooler then say an extended tip tr6. Blah

T=terrible R=race. You make your own clonclusions from that.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:15 AM
FormerVendor

Not trying to disagree with you.However From my many off experiences of tunning on the dyno.On many different cars.The TR6 was fine for a 200 shot.The problems with running a even colder plug is NA hp loss and it does not run as smooth.I ran the TR8 in my LT1 full time because it was set up for the 400 shot.I could tell the difference with that cold of a plug.If his tune up is right that TR6 is fine.
Dave
Old 04-06-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Not trying to disagree with you.However From my many off experiences of tunning on the dyno.On many different cars.The TR6 was fine for a 200 shot.The problems with running a even colder plug is NA hp loss and it does not run as smooth.I ran the TR8 in my LT1 full time because it was set up for the 400 shot.I could tell the difference with that cold of a plug.If his tune up is right that TR6 is fine.
Dave
I disagree again because my car was tuned for the colder plugs NA and made more power with them vs the TR6. For the ordinary Joe, you could use a tr6. But for those of us who likes to get that extra little bit of a combo thats where the small things make the biggest differences. I personally dont care about idle quality. My car is rarely there. WOT is what I care about and cruising. Neither of which these plugs dont even flinch at when the tune is right.

Once again, there is no such thing as a TR 7, 8, 9, 10 etc. Only tr55 and tr6's

Mike
Old 04-06-2005, 10:37 AM
Launching!

DOH! this is the first time ive heard of someone doing this. LOL!
Old 04-06-2005, 10:48 AM
FormerVendor

Your right about there not being a TR7 or TR8.That is a habbit I have picked up from this board.LOL

My disagreement is clearly that for a 200 shot a TR6 is fine.Im not saying that you cant run a colder plug than that.If this car was in my shop and the customer left the choice to me it would be tuned on a TR6.
Ofcourse if the customer wants something else that is not to unreasonable we would go his route.
To cold of a plug can result in blowing the spark out and not burning the fuel properly.

For a 200 shot I do suggest a better fuel but the TR6 will be fine.
Im not saying you are wrong that your way will not work just saying the tR6 is fine.
Dave
Old 04-06-2005, 11:01 AM
10 Second Club

Ok thanks for all of the info guys!! Im hoping that moving this nozzle will fix my low hp numbers.

As for the better fuel Im running a seperate fuel system for the nitrous and running C16 in it so I should be good on that no??
Old 04-06-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Your right about there not being a TR7 or TR8.That is a habbit I have picked up from this board.LOL

My disagreement is clearly that for a 200 shot a TR6 is fine.Im not saying that you cant run a colder plug than that.If this car was in my shop and the customer left the choice to me it would be tuned on a TR6.
Ofcourse if the customer wants something else that is not to unreasonable we would go his route.
To cold of a plug can result in blowing the spark out and not burning the fuel properly.

For a 200 shot I do suggest a better fuel but the TR6 will be fine.
Im not saying you are wrong that your way will not work just saying the tR6 is fine.
Dave
I can agree to disagree as well.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Ok thanks for all of the info guys!! Im hoping that moving this nozzle will fix my low hp numbers.

As for the better fuel Im running a seperate fuel system for the nitrous and running C16 in it so I should be good on that no??
Yes you should be okay as long as everything is hooked up correctly.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

Yes you should be okay as long as everything is hooked up correctly.

Of course everything else is hooked up rught we just put the nozzle in the wrong spot. We were trying to find a nice clean easy place to tap it into the intake and that place was it. Unfortunately we did not know it was to close to the motor and we never asked.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Of course everything else is hooked up rught we just put the nozzle in the wrong spot. We were trying to find a nice clean easy place to tap it into the intake and that place was it. Unfortunately we did not know it was to close to the motor and we never asked.
Just hope that your motor is up to task once everything is fixed now. It may be begging for mercy already.

Id definitely jump back to a 150 once you remount it or even 100 and work your way back up and watch the plugs and see what they are burning like. Run them at .035 gap.

Old 04-06-2005, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

Just hope that your motor is up to task once everything is fixed now. It may be begging for mercy already.

Id definitely jump back to a 150 once you remount it or even 100 and work your way back up and watch the plugs and see what they are burning like. Run them at .035 gap.

Luckily everything is my motor is forged. I know it can still have issues but I trust it alot more than I would a stocker.