Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 TransAm owned by Volvo

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LT1 TransAm owned by Volvo

This happened Saturday night while I was hanging out with a bunch of local guys. We had a 90 Volvo 740 with mods, Two 04 Evos, 02 WRX, myself, and a N/A 240. ( poor Jon couldn't keep up ) We were getting ready to start hunting when this peckerhead in a red LT1 TA, stock with a blowmaster muffler rolls by and revs his engine WAYYY up. Of course Kenny (the Volvo's owner), couldn't resist. Neither could I, 'cause I can't stand cocky guys who drive a BONE STOCK TransAm, and think they're the fastest thing around. Not hating on TA guys, but we seem to have a lot of ****** with TA's around my area.

We took off after him haulin' ***, me in front (of course), then the rest of the guys. I came up fast and downshifted into 2nd, letting my duals do their thing at 5k rpm. His eyes popped out when I came by, then I dropped back and let Kenny get ahold of him. 1st race: 30 roll, Volvo spools up and puts about four carlengths on him to 60. 2nd race: 45 roll, Kenny nails it and puts three carlengths on him to 70. 3rd race: 60 roll, Volvo leaves him sucking black smoke, putting 5 carlengths on him to 90. Finally, I just had to put the nail in the coffin. I rolled up in the Volvo's place and kicked it down to 2nd. I let him steal the hit at 60, then nailed it and made it look like he slammed it in reverse. I dunno how many carlengths I put on him to 100, but it looked like at least 10.

I also raced one of the EVOs ( boost controller, cai, and exhaust ) from a 70 kick. He stole the hit big time ( said that he couldn't hear me honking over my duals , but I quickly reeled him in, and was about to pass him at 100, when we came up on this Silverado, and I got out of it. Cool guy though, he admitted that he stole the hit and I would have raped him on top end.

We went out to the entry road at the local track and they raced some more cars, a S/C RSX and turboed Integra among them. A really good night for racing, too bad it'll all end soon thanks to gas increasing so much.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a little fun there. Nice work, I especially like the Volvo spankin' the fool got.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kenny is a genius with Volvos. I remember back when he first started modding the car. It is a trip seeing a beat-up looking old Volvo break into the 13's. He's gonna swap in a Supra TT setup and shoot for 10s.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jet_black
Kenny is a genius with Volvos. I remember back when he first started modding the car. It is a trip seeing a beat-up looking old Volvo break into the 13's. He's gonna swap in a Supra TT setup and shoot for 10s.
A volvo is a chicks car nothing to brag about...

12 sec. Volvo vs stock LT1 T/A 13.8 at best hmmmm