Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My WS6 vs. RX7 and 03 Cobra.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 01:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My WS6 vs. RX7 and 03 Cobra.....

Well guys, I had me some fun tonight! It was a mid '90s RX7 stock twin turbo with bolt ons, an '03 Cobra with smaller pulley, full exhaust, full intake, and a good tune. Then there was little ole me, '02 WS6 M6, full bolt ons and a cam, with a decent tire. We went to a back road and did it 1/4 mile style. Here's how it went:

1st race::: The RX7 and me. I got the jump off the line on him, but then spun a little. When I spun he got out a car on me. 1st and 2nd we were locked in 3rd I started pulling him pretty good. At the end of the 1/4 I was about a car and a half ahead. My win.

2nd race:::The Cobra and me. Granted this cobra had:pulley, full exhaust, full intake...probably just under 500whp. I jumped him off the line pretty good, and put about two cars on him. Needless to say he came back on me and at the finish his bumper was just ahead of mine. Barley loss.

3rd race:::The Cobra and me. This time I had a bad start. When the car at the end flashed the lights, I wasn't quiet ready...chase is a race! I held my own though and the cobra was about a car and a half ahead. My loss.

4th race:::The RX7 wanted more. This time it was bad for him. I got a big jump of the line and put a car on him. From then to the finish, I pulled him. I had about two and half cars on him. My win.

All in all, it was a great night, my car ran well. It's been awhile since I've been in a good street race. This was one of my best nights ever.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

sounds like u had some fun good kills!
Old 04-06-2005, 03:41 AM
Banned

those cobras are tough. you need a real tune and some gears.

Nate
Old 04-06-2005, 04:29 AM
Teching In

Cobra was probably around 460ish rwhp. Now if he has ported TB/inlet tube and stage 3 port from Stieg with 2.81 pulley, then hes probably around 510rwhp...
Old 04-06-2005, 06:12 AM
12 Second Club

Good kills
Old 04-06-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Regular

Nice Kills and Deaths. Ya need the HP tune and some gears.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Gears would help, though I'm going to stick with the 3.42s because I've seen too many people go to a 4.10 and just keep breaking them. And I don't have any money for a 12 bolt. Plus, my car isn't a drag racing car anyways, its more street modded. ie. bigger swaybars front and back and lowered with 17x11 in back.
As far as my tune. I have no intention of getting it professionally tune for 500 buck to get probably about 5 extra HP out of it. With that predator, I can look at the O2 millivolts and what my timing is at and a lot of other diognostics too. So yea I might not have the absolute perfect tune, but the predator gets me right there with it. Also, here in se Texas, our season change big time. When its hot in the summer...its HOT and Very HUMID! And then in the winter it's cold and dry. So with this predator, I can make fuel adjustments from season to season. Where as if you tune your car in the winter, it'll the perfect winter tune. ANd when summer comes around, your computer will be fighting to make a better adjustment for the weather. IMO.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Teching In

hey i was there, i got it on video if you want to see em, throw me a pm or email or sumthin. later