Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for HPT bin file and have questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for HPT bin file and have questions

I'm installing a Vortech supercharger that I bought off of another member here and here's the deal. The superchips tune that comes with it is locked to his VIN and I need to find away to get the tune put on my car so I can use it and get it to the shop thats gonna do the tune for me. I'm trying to figure out what my options are. I'm thinking that I can get the HPT bin. file for my set up and find someone with HPT to download it onto my car while I'm waiting for the custom tune. Can anyone point me in the right direction for this file or tell me what my options are? Any and all help is appreciated. I'm out on Long Island if anyone has HP tuners and would be willing to come out and do this for me. Would pay of course.
Thanks,
Bob
Old 04-07-2005, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

ttt please...
Old 04-08-2005, 02:12 AM
TECH Addict

You want to go look at www.horist.com/hptuner for a BIN file that will do what you want. I am pretty sure you can find a BIN that will suit your needs there. I have never been too incredibly impressed with the canned supercharger BINs from the companies that make the superchargers...they are only a hair better than some of the hack jobs "pro" tuners are doing, so you should not be any worse of than anyone else until you get a custom tune. If it were me, I would just get the 2 or 3 bar HPTuners software and tune it myself.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Looked and couldn't find even one .bin file with a vortech SC much less one with some or all of the other mods I have. Does anyone have a there own .bin fil that they could send to me with a similar set up?
2000 Trans Am WS6 M6
MODS - 78mm SLP MAFdescreened, SLP smooth bellows, Jantzer P&P TB, 78mm LSX intake manifold, GMMG catback, Jet-Hot headers and Y pipe. Vortech kit with aftercooler set for 9lbs boost with the 42lb injectors.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Can anyone help me here? =(
Old 04-10-2005, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

I was just over there and saw a s/c file. Broaden your search to include all yrs. and z28s and corvettes.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, you can't be too picky...jeez. LOL.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:47 PM
On The Tree

ummmmmm, I don't think I can broaden the search anymore then I did. I left everything open from year to make and model and more. Only thing I had it search for was the word VORTECH. Guess what I got.....? Your query yield no results =(
Old 04-10-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

You should leave that word out. There are plenty of supercharged tunes on there. I have downloaded them all and looked at all of them. You should do the same. No BIN file will be exactly what you need. You just need to look at them and get an idea of what changes you can make to yours.