Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Updated Alton Pkwy. Grand Prix/05GTO

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated Alton Pkwy. Grand Prix/05GTO

Added K&N drop in filter, and custom catback system with Magnaflow X pipe and Flowmaster Super 40's. Initially, no power gain, Dyno guy said go put 200 miles on car and come back, after computer has "learned" changes and integrated into fuel/air mixture, advance, etc. On second go, with 200+ miles, got 26 H.P.to rear wheels.on Dynojet. Stock was 359.5, now has best 386 H.P. and 394 # Torque. O.K., off to Alton Pkwy. to troll for victims. First up WRX STI, no problem, although if driven right, the first 60 ft., they do launch really well. No 05 Mustangs will race, no matter what you do, to try to provoke them, same with 350Z's. Honda/Acura boys all want to race, but when you thrash them, they get crazy, and do anything to get ahead in traffic. They also do lots of headlight flashing, don't know what thats about? Picked up 4 races with Dodge "Hemi" trucks. They came after me, even modified, they are pigs. They get very emotional when you eat them in the first 60 ft. Chrysler 300 SRT-8's are very popular around here, and they all want to race? They must have automatics, that don't work, cause they're all slow, they also all have 20-23 inch wheels, which also probably slows them down. The local TireAmerica store sells big wheel packages to all the chrysler 300 guys. Knocked off 2 EVO's and was feeling invincible, when a guy in a 71 Chevelle pulled up at a light. It sounded like an earthquake! I was feeling cocky so off we went! When he hit second, I was nearly overcome with smoke, burning rubber can't be good for your lungs.After he THRASHED me, he pulled into the Chevron, to talk. He showed me his Alum. 502 crate motor, long tube headers, muncie 4speed, Hurst shifter etc. etc. The Chevelle was a spectacular street rod and he said his car weighed 3300 lbs. with 575 H.P., and 600 ft.# Torque. He said on a good day, he could run mid 10's. Guess I will revert back to "closet" racer!!
Attached Thumbnails Updated Alton Pkwy. Grand Prix/05GTO-005a.jpg  
Old 04-07-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, Rat's are cool.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice car. Oh well, you cant win em all. at least you lost to somthing respectable. some people seem to think those old cars weigh 99911191919191919191919199199191919919191 LBS.
Old 04-08-2005, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

good kilss
Old 04-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Dang Alton parkway, thats like 4 miles from where I live.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live about half a mile from Alton Pkwy. Where do find all these races? Between Jeffrey Rd and the Spectrum? Or between Redhill Ave and Jamboree Rd?
I'm gonna have to go cruise around there soon
Old 04-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 01_SuperSlow
I live about half a mile from Alton Pkwy. Where do find all these races? Between Jeffrey Rd and the Spectrum? Or between Redhill Ave and Jamboree Rd?
Serious, I've like never had a race in Irvine.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Teching In

Default Alton Parkway Grand Prix

Originally Posted by NASE
Serious, I've like never had a race in Irvine.
Actually, the circuit is, Trabuco Rd to Alton, Alton to the 5 Frwy, left on cross street, like Muirlands, to Bake Pkwy., left on Bake to Trabuco, and left, back to Alton. There are variations, some nights, the "Fast & Furious" boyz, use Bake, or Trabuco, all the way to Tustin. Just depends where the O.C.S.O. is patrolling. The "Boyz" have some kind of Internet chat room where they set up races, and agree to meet, on a particular weeknight, at the Ralphs parking lot at Lake Forest/Trabuco. It all started because Saleen Mustang is located on Alton & Jeronimo. Saleen was always testing their prototypes, and doing demo drives, on Alton & Bake. First, WRX guys started trolling Alton trying to get the Saleen folks to race & wager $$$ Then EVO's started coming, then Toyota IS-300's, then they formed an Internet race "Club", with lots of Vietnamese members. Now, they have all kinds of cars including, Dodge Magnums, all "pimped" out, and "Hemi" trucks, even a few 60's Camaros and Novas.Go figure. They troll for $$ races, and flash hundred dollar bills, they stage the races after 10:30 P.M. on week nights, and they monitor patrol patterns of Irvine P.D., O.C.S.O., and C.H.P. The ones with Nitrous try to get you on the 5 frwy. and do roll-ons from 70mph. In January they sucked in a bunch of 05 Mustang GT's. They love to hook 350-Z's also & G-35's. They also have video cams mounted in their cars?? On top of that you have the Tues. night Fuddrucker's "Old School" hot rod guys, and their kids, and the Foothill Ranch Auto Mall/ Irvine Auto Center, and the generic "Yuppies", out trying to prove their Lexus/Acura/Infinity is "HOT".

Last edited by Old & In The Way; 04-08-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01_SuperSlow
Carefull. I'm no cop but law inforcement might be reading this post.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Old & In The Way
Actually, the circuit is, Trabuco Rd to Alton, Alton to the 5 Frwy, left on cross street, like Muirlands, to Bake Pkwy., left on Bake to Trabuco, and left, back to Alton. There are variations, some nights, the "Fast & Furious" boyz, use Bake, or Trabuco, all the way to Tustin. Just depends where the O.C.S.O. is patrolling. The "Boyz" have some kind of Internet chat room where they set up races, and agree to meet, on a particular weeknight, at the Ralphs parking lot at Lake Forest/Trabuco. It all started because Saleen Mustang is located on Alton & Jeronimo. Saleen was always testing their prototypes, and doing demo drives, on Alton & Bake. First, WRX guys started trolling Alton trying to get the Saleen folks to race & wager $$$ Then EVO's started coming, then Toyota IS-300's, then they formed an Internet race "Club", with lots of Vietnamese members. Now, they have all kinds of cars including, Dodge Magnums, all "pimped" out, and "Hemi" trucks, even a few 60's Camaros and Novas.Go figure. They troll for $$ races, and flash hundred dollar bills, they stage the races after 10:30 P.M. on week nights, and they monitor patrol patterns of Irvine P.D., O.C.S.O., and C.H.P. The ones with Nitrous try to get you on the 5 frwy. and do roll-ons from 70mph. In January they sucked in a bunch of 05 Mustang GT's. They love to hook 350-Z's also & G-35's. They also have video cams mounted in their cars??
I know of a few places like that. in between compton all the way to the OC and a few in sanfernando valley. I wont mess with that **** personally, I'll just bet on some of my friends sick rides.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Launching!

My next door neighbor goes to that meet up....he drives a 67 Falcon with a 351W in it.....
Old 04-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Default Retired "COP"

Originally Posted by SmaknSS
Carefull. I'm no cop but law inforcement might be reading this post.
Just so you'll know, I'm no cop either, but I was, for 32 years, and retired 2 years ago. I may be the only "Peace Officer" in the history of California to get a CHP radar ticket for 172mph.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Teching In

Those guys sound pretty shady, probably keep away from there since I have no interest in getting my car impounded. Anyone here go to Fontana much?
Old 04-09-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Old & In The Way
Just so you'll know, I'm no cop either, but I was, for 32 years, and retired 2 years ago. I may be the only "Peace Officer" in the history of California to get a CHP radar ticket for 172mph.
Damn thats fast. I't seems there Is'nt any places left in cali to go that fast anymore. Even in the middle of the night there's too much traffic for my taste.

Last edited by Oatmeal; 04-09-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NASE
Those guys sound pretty shady, probably keep away from there since I have no interest in getting my car impounded. Anyone here go to Fontana much?
Exacly, but unfortunaly I still have the urge to go for small runs on the freeway once in the while when I have some room to do it without killing someone.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:32 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by SmaknSS
Damn thats fast. I't seems there Is'nt any places left in cali to go that fast anymore. Even in the middle of the night there's too much traffic for my taste.
I was driving at like 3 in the morning the other night, I was amazed that there were so many damn cars out at that time.