Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What causes this

Old 04-08-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What causes this

Ok you guru's let see if you can explain this.

I am driving and the car idles fine with no problems. When I take the car out if feels like there is no power up to 3500 rmps them BAM it is like every ounce of power hits all in once. Now it has no power through any of the rpm ranges if feels like I am tring to pull a tanker ship behind the car. I HAVE CHECKED EVERYTHING ON THIS CAR. My car did this sometime ago but it went away with tune. Is it the tune on this car that is causing this. I thought that it was bad O2's that caused this. But the O2's are brand new.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have headers check and make sure that your 02 connectors arent sitting up against your headers or exhaust and have melted and grounding out the sensor. Mine was doing the exact same thing to me and almsot caused me to wreck. It would have no power what so ever and I would have to give it almost full throttle to make it go then all of a sudden full power would hit and I would get sideways. Found my passenger side 02 connection to be melted and causing the issue.
Old 04-08-2005, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advice I will check that again But I am pretty sure that they are perfect.

Anyone else might have a suggestion

Search this Thread