Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Me being called out...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 05:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Me being called out...

A while back when I was washing my car at this little hick town's only car wash, a kid I know that drives some old chevy truck was talking **** about how he would kill my camaro in a race once he finished up his 355. Well he finished it up recently, and I guess he had been asking around town to find me. People on yahoo messenger were all trying to tell how fast his truck was now and this and that, and I said whatever I'll race it. So, I got my car outta the garage and set to look for him, and when I found him he looked awfully surprised to see that I actually showed up

We went out to a country road/high way(nobody ever drives on it, but its a decent road) and lined'em up. I have to admit I was pretty worried at first, because my only races since i've had my car were against a 95z28(won to about 80-90, then he pulled on me slowly all the way up to 130+), a late 80's 5.0(which I won) and against a 98z28(from a 25mph roll and only pulled about half a car and then he just owned me). Well anyways, it was from a dig(which I hate doing) and we went on the third honk and he just took off perfectly with hardly any spinning, and I tried to take off slow and then gas it up but I got to about 20 and gunned it(stupid) and my *** end went everywhere, then when I finally caught I just flew by him easily and he ended up just being a spec in my rear view mirror. The people that were watching the race from way up the road said I was beating him so bad they thought his truck broke down LOL. I know a truck may not be saying much, but from the talk I thought it might of been something. A win is a win in my book(damn TPI, cant wait for my Holley Stealth Ram intake )

Oh yeah my car is a 1991 z28 camaro with a 350 tpi from a 91 vette, bored .60 over, BBK throttle body, ported plenum, flowmaster w/o cat, and hooker headers. pic in my sig
Old 04-09-2005, 06:21 AM
TECH Resident

had a called out race with a (what i thought was a stock Lt-1 with exhaust).....ended up being a H/C Lt-1....and i think(not sure) he had NOS b/c he asked me twice if i had it(no i dont).....i actually beat him once and got me once....we raced 3 times....i dont like to count the 1st one b/c he sorta just went w/o me knowing(no honks)...but GOOD KILL!!!
Old 04-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

I kind had that happpen to me, I raced an old rusted lowered truck, and he keep up for a few seconds then I pasted him hard, but it surprised me, and we stoped and I looked he had a brand new 454 in it, and new rear end everything new except body. I was like wow. lol