Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

two kills on the bottle in the GTO....

Old 04-09-2005, 09:36 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default two kills on the bottle in the GTO....

1st...03 Cobra, pulley, catback, filter, etc...just the basic boltons....said he made 450+ rwhp and 470+rwtque on a local Mustang dyno (EPP)...

From a dead stop, I got him by 4+ cars in the quarter...
From a 20 mph kick, hw couldn't come around me until 120 mph, and then not real bad...
We both had street tires (stock radials) on...

2nd. GTP with lots of mods, runs 12.6's at the track...Beat him by 5-6 cars...didn't do a kick. Friend of ours was directly behind me in a Fiero with a 3.8 turbo, runs 12.38 at the track...he was right on my bumper for a while, and then I pulled him a little.

Going to track today to see what it runs on the motor and bottle...still have stock tires, so if I can get a 12.4 or lower, I will be happy...

Those 03 Cobra's are great....if they have traciton and a good driver. My buddy in a STOCK 02 Z06 (just a varram air intake kit) and he beat another 03 Cobra with lots of Steeda stuff, makes over 520 rwhp...beat him from a stop by 4 cars, but from a kick got beat by the cobra pretty bad....on the street its all about the driver and traction...

A friend of mine has a 2003 vette with a vortech (low boost, standard kit), Yank 3200 stall, Borla catback....everything else stock down the to 2.74 gears and tires...He raced a guy with a 2003 cobra, lots of work done, 544 rwhp and a solid 8.8 rear, big fuel system, ported blower, Pauls Performance did all the work...ran 11.33 last year before the rear and other stuff....
The mustang was on MT ET Street radials last night, Vette on stock radials....The vette got him out of the hole bad and held him off the entire 1/4!! There is no way this vette will tun low 11's on radials or even goo tires. On a kick the Mustang got him pretty decent....the mustang also has a NX spray bar for the intercooler which he used as well...

Now, lets have all the fucksticks call because the Cobras SHOULD run such-n-such, and the HP is all that is needed to win races....and the GTO is heavy, and the vette doesnt do this or that....bunch of fucksticks...
Old 04-09-2005, 09:45 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds badass. those cobras are fast and probably should have won those races. but anything happens on the street.. nice kills
Old 04-09-2005, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

SDB, after reading all your "mini-stories" it appears to me you have some serious issues. Someone get walked on 1 too many times, and have too many bs flags thrown in their face about previous "kills" ?

*edit* Your friend doesnt have a STOCK Z06 if he has the ram air intake.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:32 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Smartass6885
sounds badass. those cobras are fast and probably should have won those races. but anything happens on the street.. nice kills
Exactly my point...everyone wants to ttalk about dyno numbers and not track times. Hell even track times don't mean everything on the street...thats why I like street racing, its more of a driver skill than just motor....

SDB
Old 04-09-2005, 10:35 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WhiteTXMach
SDB, after reading all your "mini-stories" it appears to me you have some serious issues. Someone get walked on 1 too many times, and have too many bs flags thrown in their face about previous "kills" ?

*edit* Your friend doesnt have a STOCK Z06 if he has the ram air intake.
I have issues with people who don't race much and think that if a car has more power it automatically wins...I have been beating peopel with more power than me since 1990....and people on the internet always think its BS becuase they don't have fast street cars and don't street race much...

My friends car is bone stock EXCEPT for a varram...I guarantee if it had the stock airbox on it it would still have beaten the Cobra anyways...he runs 12.0 @ 116-117 with a 1.70 short time on stock goodyears at a shitty track...of course he als had to rebuild his tranny and get a new clutch after 8000 miles....but he isn't scared to power shift every gear and wear the synchros completely down.

SDB
Old 04-09-2005, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

1.7 60' on stock goodyears? I seriously doubt it.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

At what he calls a "shitty track" no less.

Let me guess, at a "good" track he'd have pulled 1.5's.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:54 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

well his Z06 isnt one of 814 built or anything really col like that...but he runs 1.70 short times on stock goodyears at Muncie, IN. I run 1.59 on 17 inch DR's. Again, the driver makes all the difference...you obviously don't drive fast or street race. I just got back running 12.5 @ 115 in my GTO on stock tires with a shitty short time.

SDB
Old 04-11-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

I hate to get in on it but I have seen SDB and the Z06 run in person. These guys drive these cars like they stole 'em and then some. I personally saw
SDB's 00 Camaro turn the wheel about 1 inch inside a BFG Drag Radial. And the Z06 beats alot of cars it shouldnt.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Launching!

If you truly could care less about breaking parts, you can make a car do some funny things. I have one friend who can consistantly get better times than almost anyone IN THEIR OWN CAR. The only thing is, in his vehicle, he goest through a "built" T-56 every 5-6 mos. on average. Go figure. If you call that a good driver, then yes he is. Me, I would rather make my car a few tenth's quicker and save my tranny.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:08 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

I drive it like I leased it!

beat another 03 Cobra last night and a WRX (not even close)...the red Cobra with the younger asian kid in it...had it done at Livernois, and it put down 495 rwhp on their Mustang Dyno....beat him from a 30 kick up to 100 where we shut off...

SDB
Old 04-11-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a quick goat and some shitty Cobra drivers. It wouldn't suprise me any, lot of peeps driving Cobras just aren't that good with the cars. They are bitches to drive right.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SDB
I have been beating peopel with more power than me since 1990....SDB
WTF is that, never seen one.....

oh yeah,
Old 04-11-2005, 03:42 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

TITBAR.....For example......I dyno'd 333 rwhp in my 1990 vette, 430 on juice, and ran 11.0 @ 128 on DR's with a 1.56 short time....I beat lots of people with 500+ rwhp on the street and at the track....

take you BS sign down and sell it to make your car faster!
Old 04-11-2005, 03:45 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Sounds like a quick goat and some shitty Cobra drivers. It wouldn't suprise me any, lot of peeps driving Cobras just aren't that good with the cars. They are bitches to drive right.
Very true....they make great PEAK power, but their actual dyno curves look like ****....people get all pissed when a heavier GTO with $1,000 in mods pulls their lighter, more expensive, more modded more rwhp CObras...and my car is a slow automatic to boot! Luckily there are no real good drivers of 03-04 Cobras around here...at least not yet. They sound neat and are cool on a 50mph+ race, but from a dead stop, they suck on the street...heat kills them as well I have noticed, by like 1/2 second at the track.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SDB
Very true....they make great PEAK power, but their actual dyno curves look like ****....people get all pissed when a heavier GTO with $1,000 in mods pulls their lighter, more expensive, more modded more rwhp CObras...and my car is a slow automatic to boot! Luckily there are no real good drivers of 03-04 Cobras around here...at least not yet. They sound neat and are cool on a 50mph+ race, but from a dead stop, they suck on the street...heat kills them as well I have noticed, by like 1/2 second at the track.
I'll tell ya this. You'd love my Cobra's power curve. I get 450 ft lbs. of tq @ 2500 RPM and it hits 475 ft lbs @ 3500 R's. The tq curve is table top flat through the band. HP? Well, HP looks like any other HP curve, maybe a bit flatter and longer. You'd like my Snake on the street. I've been doing this **** for more than 30 yrs. now and might have a half a clue. Even so, the damned car isn't an easy one to launch. 3K dump and feather will get a small bog before you're off! A 3K dump with the pedal going down will flat assed light the ET Streets up! I think I need some wrinkle walls so I can ******* LAUNCH!
Old 04-11-2005, 05:24 PM
12 Second Club

Fast Goat + excellent driver = smoked Cobra.
Most people don't know how to drive their own cars.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SDB
TITBAR.....For example......I dyno'd 333 rwhp in my 1990 vette, 430 on juice, and ran 11.0 @ 128 on DR's with a 1.56 short time....I beat lots of people with 500+ rwhp on the street and at the track....

take you BS sign down and sell it to make your car faster!
I meant, WTF is a peopel, not how you beat cars with more power......been there done that!
Old 04-12-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by titanium barchetta
I meant, WTF is a peopel, not how you beat cars with more power......been there done that!
Smartass... hehe...

Nice kills!
Old 04-12-2005, 04:18 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
I'll tell ya this. You'd love my Cobra's power curve. I get 450 ft lbs. of tq @ 2500 RPM and it hits 475 ft lbs @ 3500 R's. The tq curve is table top flat through the band. HP? Well, HP looks like any other HP curve, maybe a bit flatter and longer. You'd like my Snake on the street. I've been doing this **** for more than 30 yrs. now and might have a half a clue. Even so, the damned car isn't an easy one to launch. 3K dump and feather will get a small bog before you're off! A 3K dump with the pedal going down will flat assed light the ET Streets up! I think I need some wrinkle walls so I can ******* LAUNCH!
we need more drivers like you up here...too many young ones that can't hook even on good tires! they spin forever...and think its cool....Those things are a bitch to launch on the street, thankfully!

Search this Thread