Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Strange 12 bolt owners with 3 channel what did your ABS sensor look like?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 11:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange 12 bolt owners with 3 channel what did your ABS sensor look like?

Finally installed mine tonight, and the only problem I ran into was the ABS sensor. The one on the strange unit was black with just a threaded bolt and nut spun on it. I thought you took that one out and installed the old one from the 10bolt. Well to my surprise the 10 bolt sensor was way smaller. Then we noticed it looked like there was a wire hooked up to the top of the threaded bolt sticking out the top of the what I thought at the time was just and ABS sensor hole plug. I will try to post pics later.. I thought it was also weird the backing plates they put on my Strange have the holes in for the 4 channel sensors. Just figured it was an universal plate. Maybe I got the wrong setup?

My question is short and sweet. Was there a plug attached to your Strange 12bolt ABS sensor that fit into the GM style plug?? I think mine got taken off someplace during shipping, or I got the wrong setup.. Will have to contact LS1speed on Monday, it is eating me right now… Thanks..
Old 04-09-2005, 11:51 PM
11 Second Club

When did you order your strange rear? ordered mines on March 15 and no word yet...
Old 04-10-2005, 12:14 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1320_PERFORMANCE
When did you order your strange rear? ordered mines on March 15 and no word yet...

Ordered it about Feb 15, got it March 9th.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:54 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by speedo
Ordered it about Feb 15, got it March 9th.

Looks like some downtime for me. There was suppose to be a harness attached to the sensor. It was gone when I got the rearend. I called strange and I have to send mine in. Great so it looks like I have a week wait at least. Kinda upsets me that you shell out 2600$ and then have to wait for a 2$ sensor. I have pics just don't know how to post them.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

mine just had a tiny sensor with about 2" white/black wires hanging out. I spliced them into my wires with new connectors, shrink wrapped and the ABS works fine.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:51 AM
wrencher

Originally Posted by chief455
mine just had a tiny sensor with about 2" white/black wires hanging out. I spliced them into my wires with new connectors, shrink wrapped and the ABS works fine.
Exactly, thats what they all look like. I made a terminal end for my harness & spliced that in to the strange sensor.
ABS works fine.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:51 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wrencher
Exactly, thats what they all look like. I made a terminal end for my harness & spliced that in to the strange sensor.
ABS works fine.
Thanks for the info guys.. Does anyone know what is different about the sensor with the 4 channel set up? I know there in the backing plates, but what is on top of the housing in place of where the 3 channel goes. I still have a feeling they sent me a 4 channel set up. The abs ring gear is in the assembly I looked to confirm that. Maybe they just sendout the 4 channel backing plates standard.

Sent my sensor back in today. Hopfully I get it back soon with some wires attached this time. I just unscrewed the sensor out of the plate and put a stud with a nut in for now so I don't have any downtime. I actually sent the plate with the sensor in it, and had to run back up to the post office 30 mins later to get the base back. Luckly it wasn't picked up yet.

Now that is my next question when I do get the sensor back how do I set the depth?? And what to do with the old ten bolt. I already have good boat anker.

Thanks again
Old 04-13-2005, 09:00 AM
wrencher

There are 3 & 4 channel plates they muts have only had 4 channel?
As for the adjustment, you have to ask strange . I'm sure there is a certain gap from the reluctor measured with a brass (non-magnetic) feeler gauge.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by speedo
Now that is my next question when I do get the sensor back how do I set the depth??
With the rear cover off, thread the sensor into the housing until you measure .011" minimum clearance to the reluctor wheel with a feeler gauge, then tighten the jamnut.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

My biggest gripe was the puny wires they used on the Strange's sensor. WTF!!! Could they have made them any thinner??
Old 04-29-2005, 06:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
With the rear cover off, thread the sensor into the housing until you measure .011" minimum clearance to the reluctor wheel with a feeler gauge, then tighten the jamnut.
Got my new sensor, installing on this Sat. when I change lube.

Got any idea which wires hook up where? Black to dark, white to white I assume, I should have called Strange, but it is to late now.....
Old 04-29-2005, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Yep, that's it.

Quick Reply: Strange 12 bolt owners with 3 channel what did your ABS sensor look like?