Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel system limits am I good to go?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Fuel system limits am I good to go?

Hi guys, ok first. I'm building a FI forged 383 LT1 with a set of TF heads along with a cc305 cam. I also have a s-trim that will be pullied for 12-14 pounds. Now I also picked up a snowperformance meth kit to keep the thing cool. As far as numbers go I'm looking for something around 530 to 550 rwhp. As far as fuel system goes I have a walbro 255 intank with hotwire kit and got rid of the 42 lber's and bought a set of 57 lb siemens to keep the fuel pressure down and help the pump as much as possible flow wise. Now should I be ok for this setup with the current fueling? Also I might change it over to a twin intank if I get a t-trim in a few years. I also have a nitrous system(30 shot) that I'm thinking of using when I have some race gas mixed in.

Let me know what you guys think

Mikey
Old 04-10-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In theory, 57LB injectors at 44 psi across them will support approx 685 FWHP net. This means that at 12-14 psi boost you will need 56-58 psi rail fuel pressure. Fuel pump wise you will need to flow approx 260 LPH to support these injectors if maxed out. But keep in mind that a fuel pumps flow capacity decreases as we increase rail pressure, the opposite of injectors. I don't know at what pressure the 255 LPH fuel pump is rated at but let's say that it's 40, then the pump could be potentially inadequate even with perfect plumbing. Many professional shops would hessitate to put such a combo together but some others are probably getting by.

Quick Reply: Fuel system limits am I good to go?