Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TNT 100 shot seems soft out of the hole??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 08:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TNT 100 shot seems soft out of the hole??

Ran a 10.74 @ 126.3 w/ 1.49 on the 100 shot. Ran 11.54 @ 117.7 w/ 1.64 on motor. Seems like the nitrous doesn't come in as soon as the fuel on my setup. I have the F1 kit installed with the hoses that come with it. I have the purge about 12" from the N2O solenoid. I have a digital window switch set at 3200 (moved it to 3000 with same results) and I have a WOT switch set correctly and working.

Anyone have any ideas on why it might not be coming in hard? On the dyno, it was a pretty flat 12.0:1 - we were thinking that on the track it may need leaned out one jet size to help with the nitrous lag. The only other thing I can think of is to find some way to mount the purge valve closer to the solenoid, but there isn't really room by the pulley/belt.

Appreciate any input.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:25 AM
WOT
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading your post I am a little confused in why you think it isn't hitting hard, but here is my 2 cents. Judging from your 60 ft differences, you are launching on the bottle. You dropped almost 2 tenths. That should deffinately feel like it is hitting hard. When saying that the nitrous doesn't come in as soon as the fuel, that isn't usually the case. Just look at the incredible differences in psi. Juice is usually gives a lean spike when activated for a split second before mellowing out. I wouldn't lean out the jets.

As far as the purge goes, I have never run one for the purpose of getting spray up to the solonoids. I have always purged into my motor. I listen for the sound of my motor raving faster. Just a quick pop of the throttle and it is there. Most guys I know use their purge to adjust (lower) their bottle pressure to a pre-determined rating. This allows for more consistent times. I would leave the purge mounted where it is at. Just rap the throttle quick to get the juice ready (You will definately know by the sound), and purge to lower your psi to what you like. Some like 950 and some like 1100.

Anyone else have any ideas?

PS. edit. If it feels soft, just put the 150 jets in. may sound small, but it is a night and day difference in the butt sensors!
Old 04-11-2005, 06:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeh, you are right that it is not the N2O coming in later than the fuel - I was backwards on that (newbie here). I talked to Nitro Dave today and he straightened me out. We won't lean it out!!

It is definitly not coming in out of the hole though - we are gonna check the digital window switch and a few other things to see if we can find any reason it comes in late. I can feel the surge when it comes in - it is before the 60ft (hence the reduction in 60' times from the motor) but it is not on the converter flash out of the hole.

We'll figure it out. Thanks for the input!!