Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help installing my trans cooler on my 98 TA

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 01:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help installing my trans cooler on my 98 TA

I bought a trans cooler for my 98 TA and how do you hook it up? do you just splice and connect one of the cooler lines to the bottom of transmisson line of the radiator? and leave the top transmission line alone in the radiator? also how should i mount the cooler? Is it better sideways? or mount it up and down?
Old 04-11-2005, 03:22 AM
Staging Lane

go to ls1howto.com and it tells you how to do it
Old 04-11-2005, 09:17 AM
Launching!

You want it in a series with your factory cooler. The factory cooler "in" has a pressure fitting and is the bottom line on the radiator if I remember correctly. The "out" is the top line. Just put your new cooler in-line with the factory out. That really sounds like I'm explaining this shitty and making it complicated when it isn't.
Mount the cooler to the front of your radiator for maximum cooling. It's a bear to do because there's no room near the top but it cools better in that position.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0rion
You want it in a series with your factory cooler. The factory cooler "in" has a pressure fitting and is the bottom line on the radiator if I remember correctly. The "out" is the top line. Just put your new cooler in-line with the factory out.
You have it backwards. The top is the in-line for the OE cooler, the bottom one is the out. Otherwise the system would starve when the trans fluid level is low, killing your trans. The bottom line is used to feed the trans incase this happens and will always allow fluid to flow into the trans.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

So then the bottom trans line of the radiator is where I connect and splice my trans cooler to?
Old 04-11-2005, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/94z/trannycooler.htm
Old 04-12-2005, 03:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Flame Throwing SS
You have it backwards. The top is the in-line for the OE cooler, the bottom one is the out. Otherwise the system would starve when the trans fluid level is low, killing your trans. The bottom line is used to feed the trans incase this happens and will always allow fluid to flow into the trans.
If that's the case then I may have mine wrong. I'll have to check and see exactly how I have it hooked up but I'm almost positive the line with the high pressure fittings went to the bottom of the radiator and the clamped fitting was coming from the top of the radiator. I assumed the high pressure was from the tranny to the oem cooler. My tranny temps stay low. 160 is the highest I've seen it so far and that was Sunday when it was 80 degrees and I was at the track.