Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some more weight reduction ideas from you featherweights

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default need some more weight reduction ideas from you featherweights

next weekend ima try and go run the car again with the new mods ive done. just finished up my brakes, hood, and more weight, speakers, radio, race seat, dash bar replaced with light aluminum support i fabed, removed bumper support brackets, put on some et fronts to replace the radials went through the wire harness and removed a good 10-15lbs, any other quick ideas would be appreciated. i still have all my pannels, light carpet and the spoiler i can ****** out if i must for theft recovery at some point if i need to.

i still need to do a grant wheel
manual brake booster
abs block
ditch the heavy overflow tank and get a small can
wipers and motor
horn

whats left fellas.
i dont figure ill catch keiths time yet with this crap weather we have but i want to atleast make him a lil nervous till we catch some better air and i finish up the car
Old 04-11-2005, 11:44 PM
Motorboater

you get the cruise control box from the drivers side front? pop off that plastic panel under there next to the air damn and you'll see it.

get rid of the cruise control? order up a new throttle cable for a non TCS/ASR car and put it on, gets rid of that mess.

door bars?
Old 04-11-2005, 11:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
you get the cruise control box from the drivers side front? pop off that plastic panel under there next to the air damn and you'll see it.

get rid of the cruise control? order up a new throttle cable for a non TCS/ASR car and put it on, gets rid of that mess.

door bars?
yep, did all that too
Old 04-11-2005, 11:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much you weigh?lol
Old 04-12-2005, 12:03 AM
TECH Regular

.. pull the fenders and cut holes in the sheetmetal under them. Cut out the extra rear seat and other brackets inside the car. Remove everything under the dash (including the rubber mat and plastic vents behind the dash). Get rid of extra wiring. Run a smaller overflow can for the radiator. Remove exhaust heat sheilds. Run some spal fans instead of the stock ones.

Get rid of anything you don't need. I got my old camaro really light by basically tearing it apart and not putting anything back in it I didn't need. I didn't spend any money on weight reduction parts (k-member, lexan, whatever) either.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by aram
.. pull the fenders and cut holes in the sheetmetal under them. Cut out the extra rear seat and other brackets inside the car. Remove everything under the dash (including the rubber mat and plastic vents behind the dash). Get rid of extra wiring. Run a smaller overflow can for the radiator. Remove exhaust heat sheilds. Run some spal fans instead of the stock ones.

Get rid of anything you don't need. I got my old camaro really light by basically tearing it apart and not putting anything back in it I didn't need. I didn't spend any money on weight reduction parts (k-member, lexan, whatever) either.
did most of that
will eventually do the fans and the overflow can.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Sweet Cheeks

Door molding, Fog lights, centercaps, sun visors, and I'm sure you've already removed your sanity for listening to us.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Dear John
Door molding, Fog lights, centercaps, sun visors, and I'm sure you've already removed your sanity for listening to us.
well so far ive done all that also but the door moulding and my aluminum center caps are only a few ounces so ill leave them
Old 04-13-2005, 09:20 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Maybe think about a small fuel cell, gut the stock tank out. Probably a good loss of weight, unless you need the gas capacity for street use.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Remove all the factory wiring replace w/ painless. That stuff is heavy, probably 30-40 pound difference.

Quick Reply: need some more weight reduction ideas from you featherweights