Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cage cert.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cage cert.

where in the dfw area can i get a cage certified?
and how much can i look at spending.
i want to pass, but i also want to have the piece of mind that the thing will do its purpose in the moment needed, and save my life. i guess id like to make it to the track and know what changes are needed.........if any

so after all that who in the dfw area does cage cert. who follows the rules but isnt a hardass
Old 04-12-2005, 05:40 AM
Staging Lane

Default Rollcage Cert.

Originally Posted by speedracerz
where in the dfw area can i get a cage certified?
and how much can i look at spending.
i want to pass, but i also want to have the piece of mind that the thing will do its purpose in the moment needed, and save my life. i guess id like to make it to the track and know what changes are needed.........if any

so after all that who in the dfw area does cage cert. who follows the rules but isnt a hardass
Contact your divisonal NHRA office, and they will tell you who in your area can do the chassis (cage) cert. for you. They also offer the option of having an inspecter come right to you for an additional fee & mileage costs.
When the inspection was done on my car, the inspecter was very professional, and after he was finished he complimented the fab. work & hung out B.S. ing for another hour. Actually was a really nice guy!
Buster/BRracing
Old 04-12-2005, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

is it better to get a cage certified just after the cage is installed or after the car is finished and interior is back in, obviously dash would be back in, but all welds should be exsposed.....accept behind dash. which would be the same as a cage would be at recert time. if im not mistaken is every 3 years
Old 04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

After it is installed. They will likely have to scrape off paint to check material thickness. And they like to check the welds. It's not an absolute requirement, but it makes their job much easier. It also makes it easier for you if they tell you that you need something else done. A car with a OEM firewall does not need the dash bar, so they technically will not look at it as much. The cage recert is typically easier than the first cert. And yes, it is done every three years.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:59 AM
FormerVendor

The closest guy to the DFW area is in Oklahoma. He does come down from time to time at larger races. Sometimes you can check with the local tracks and see if they have anything planned that he might be coming down for.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Dan / Wolfe Race Craft
The closest guy to the DFW area is in Oklahoma. He does come down from time to time at larger races. Sometimes you can check with the local tracks and see if they have anything planned that he might be coming down for.
Texas Raceway has a guy coming down here soon, Dan....This weekend maybe. Might want to call the track and ask

www.texasraceway.com