Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP ORY exhaust clamp leaks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TSP ORY exhaust clamp leaks?

So, I got most of the exhaust clamps to seal on my TSP ORY, but the clamps on each header collector are leaking a little. The ticking is just pissing me off, and I've tried heat cycle tightening them but they still leak. Would high temp sylicone work to seal the leak or what? Any other suggestions? For some reason this kind of stuff always happens to my car , and not my dad's which has the same set up. Thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 12:17 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

I have the same problem with my tsp ory. It leaks in the same area, I just keep tightening it down whenever I notice a leak. I read that you can pick up some aluminum tape at home depot to wrap around it. Or get some high temp rtv to seal it up. I havent tried either, but Iam going to as soon as it starts leaking again.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

I have a set of Jet Hot LT's and ORY with 3" wide band clamps connecting everything together and when I put my hand under the band clamps I can feel the exhaust leaking out like crazy. No matter how tight they are, the same result occurs. I brought it to my local exhaust shop today to see what they could do. I'm wondering what they'll say?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Regular

stainless steel works uses high temp. rtv at the connection. They are pretty good at what they do
Old 04-12-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Stellar98RamAir
I have a set of Jet Hot LT's and ORY with 3" wide band clamps connecting everything together and when I put my hand under the band clamps I can feel the exhaust leaking out like crazy. No matter how tight they are, the same result occurs. I brought it to my local exhaust shop today to see what they could do. I'm wondering what they'll say?
just have them weld it. no biggie
Old 04-13-2005, 01:38 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Don't let them weld it directly to the headers. I havn't had any clamps leak here (band clamps sometimes do), but since they are after the O2 sensors, some high-temp silicone would work fine. I have silicone all over my turbo mustang exhaust with no leaks and you know that kinda exhaust runs very hot.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:54 PM
12 Second Club

Damn, I just bought some bandclamps to supplement the regular clamps I have on the collectors to try and fix this. Hopefully it works.

Quick Reply: TSP ORY exhaust clamp leaks?