Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your Opinion Please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Your Opinion Please!

Thinkin about getting this:

Item:
PaceSetter Exhaust Ceramic-Coated Long Tube Headers, 2000-2002 LS1 F-Body with Emissions Fittings, With TSP 3" Y-Pipe with Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters - On Special!
Price: $700.00

What CAT-Back system should I get to go with it? Should I or do I have to do it at the same time?
Old 04-12-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will find MANY different opinions on catbacks. Since you are running cats, you really won't have to worry about the rasp problem that many catbacks run into with Offroad Y-pipes. It really all depends what you want to spend. Hooker makes a really good system that's cheap (around 280-300) and Borla and Corsa run upwards of 700-800. I'd go to ls1sounds.com, listen to some of the clips and get a feel for what you like. Don't let people on here tell you what sounds good and what sounds like crap, everyone has a different opinion, especially when it comes to this. There are also some good sound clips on here, just do a search. Make sure you find some clips with cats, it makes a big difference in the tone of the exhaust.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

you can do them is seperate steps, but if you do I would put on the exhaust on first, because you header system will be restricted. I have the hooker exhaust, and it sounds great with the headers. Some of the others get a rasp with a header system. why are you gettign the catted y-pipe? unless you have emmissions I wouldn't bother with it, they will just give you problems later down the road if you keep modding. its all up to what you like. see if you can listen to peoples cars that live around you, and make a choice on that.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Launching!

I live in Indiana, as do you. I just dont want my car to sound like a truck or anything, I am not opposed to no cats, I just want a good sound!!!! If I want to do each seperate sounds like I should do cat-back first, any issues with a particular system not working the pacesetter headers

Last edited by jsnone1; 04-12-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

IMO I would go with Hooker(eventually I will,with a cut out) because of price,performance and it's kind of quiet.Again it depends on what you want,if you want loud than Hooker isn't for you.Like others have said,do solid research and listen to as many systems as you can.Hit some cruise nights or drag nights and ask the owners what they have when you hear something you really like.Good luck.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

i would go and just by the headers by themselves and get duals. i had the ory and catback and it was ok. now i have duals and i like them so much more!! just what i would do if i was in your position