Sponsored by:

seeking info on 402 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seeking info on 402 stroker

402 Stroker Build Questions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a 04 rcsb 2wd with a 5.3 with whipple. i recently purchased a 01 6.0 engine complete with 10,000 miles on it. i plan on ordering slp's 402 stroker kit and installing my whipple on it. my questions would be what cam and heads combo would work the best? i use the truck daily and drag race on the weekends-(normal gearhead). right now i have the ls6 valve springs in my 5.3 that i plan on using, yank 3000 converter-which i been told to take out and put the stock converter back in with the stroker to make better use of the low end torque. i don't want a real lumpy cam just something mild and i would like to stick the the stock 6.0 alum. heads. i want to make 450 to 500 at the rear wheels, i am at about 375 now with the 5.3. any help would be great. this is my first engine build and i know there are some experienced pros out there to help a rookie make some good old american horsepower! thanks
Old 04-12-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't want a real lumpy cam just something mild and i would like to stick the the stock 6.0 alum. heads.
You`re asking alot, but it`s very doable with boost.

The cam you seek will have little overlap to compliment the boost.

Aim at opening up the exhaust flow to get your numbers. A good exhaust
tune and high flow parts will go far in this application.

High Flow is your best friend. High flow catalytics and mufflers (If any)
will get you there.

How much boost are you looking to use? 6 PSI? Should be `cake` to get
1.5 HP per cube.