Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 Barrel Throttle Body Guys, what to do for throttle linkage

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4 Barrel Throttle Body Guys, what to do for throttle linkage

Guys, I will be running the 4500 serious accufab throttle body on my upcoming motor and have a couple questions about throttle linkage. First off this is a 2001 SS camaro that this will be going in. I have and am in the process of making all provisions for mounting this in my car (cutting the cowl, 4" cowl hood, removing windshield wipers, etc.). Now the questions.

I will be using the 4150 flange GMPP Single Plain manifold with a 2" Moroso 4500 serious carb to 4150 serious manifold adapter/spacer. I have purchased a 4150 style Moroso throttle linkage plate which mounts between the manifold and spacer. Now this will put the throttle cable below the plain of the throttle body. Does the throttle cable have to be parallel to the throttle body?

Also, can you use your stock throttle cable but just modify it or do you have to go to a completely aftermarket cable? If so does any body have a suggestion on this.

Thanks, any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anybody
Old 04-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Launching!

you're probably going to have to modify the stock cable/bracket to work with your new set up. you could always contact Lokar (www.lokar.com) about a custom cable but you'd probably end up having to modify it work as well.

you'll want the throttle cable to be as parallel to the attachment point as possible to prevent cable bind.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a c 4 vette I built with your type of 4x throttle body. The beauty of throttle cables is there versatilty. Just mount the cable so that it pulls the arm of the throttle boldy smoothly through its arc of travel. You will have extra cable so just make sure it is not kinked, maybe wire tie it to some part at the back of the intake. I modied a cable mounting bracket to bolt to the new intake/throttle body. It is very easy to do.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool, thanks guys. This car will be raced frequently, do you think return springs will be wise or are they required with a 4 barrel throttle body? I'm just going to return my throttle cable bracket and purchase the one from jegs which has a return spring and throttle cable mount.

Quick Reply: 4 Barrel Throttle Body Guys, what to do for throttle linkage